How do you know who to add?

Options

Replies

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks. i am on here everyday counting what i eat and what i do for workouts. pretty new to blogs.. not sure what they are.

blogs are like people's online journal, you can see "popular blog posts" right under the "popular forum topics" on your home page. A lot of people write really motivating stuff on their blogs and I've learned a lot from them.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    So far, I've only added people who showed interest in adding me because of some similarity we share, let it be location, cuisine tastes, or ability to recognize and use their and they're properly.
  • Courtney24107
    Options
    I just add everyone! I find it more interesting that way :)
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I actually just started requesting and adding friends a few weeks ago. I seem to think its nice to have those with a similar weight situation as we can relate to the struggles associated with obesity.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The more support you can find on here the better. If you want to add someone I say just go for it. If they say no then it's no big deal. There are plenty of other great people to be friends with :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    M in... add me... m trying to loose weight and can do with a bit o motivation myself...
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I only recently started adding MFP friends that I don't know and they've generally been more active and supportive than my "real life friends"! I like to friend people with similar lifestyle/goals/age range :-)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I started by joining a couple of grops and friending a couple of the people who have similar goals to mine. Then while commenting on their profiles, I friended a few more people who were friends with them and had similar goals. I also read some blog entries and friended a few others - again with similar goals or who were ahead of me to keep me motivated. I've had a few friends requests from others who seem to have found me the same way. :)
  • GinGinSweden
    GinGinSweden Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with most I try and only add ppl with simular goals and ones that have profile pics and have said a bit about themselves. Other ones I do not feel comfortable with and unsure of their motives to adding me if they are not the same as me and here to lose weight. But thats just me :)
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I pick women, with a similar weight to mine, with good motivation to lose their weight.
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I shoot at the barn door. If they accept me they do, if not, oh well. xD
    It's nice to see other people obtain their goals even if they don't have goals similar to mine.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I add anyone..I dont discriminate!! We are all on this site for a reason!! :)
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I've only just started adding people myself, although anyone can add me. We all joined MFP for similar reasons and I think it's important to keep people's morale up. I'm a full time mum so I. Can relate to other mums. We don't have time to get down the gym so we have to make do with dancing round the living room to the music on Cbeebies lol! Yeah... I do that...
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You didn't add me? Am I not that cute guy? LOL Seriously though I add everybody. You can never have enough support whether it be online or in person.

A lot of great support, suggestions and inspiration here.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    you can look for people in your area on here, just go to community and then find members. Then search for people within whatever distance you want from you. not sure if this will help or not, but maybe a starting point at least....Good Luck :0)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    At first I added folks who seemed to be on the same track, then if you make a good post in a forum you tend to get new invites, or someone is a friend of one of your friends and they like what you write on other folks diaries. Some come and go, you will eventually have to make decisions about who stays or your list gets way to long. I have 50 on my list, probably 15 of those are dedicated loggers and I look after them carefully. Being a friend is a two way street, I am not big on folks who just want attention but never comment on anyone elses diary.
  • Anmri2Win
    Anmri2Win Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about approaching anyone on MFP (and real life too), so lets add each other as friends and start the motivation going :-) I think this is a community where we all want the same goals and there should not be any fun making. Anyone who acts inappropriate can be reported. I'm hoping that we all here on MFP are mature people and can act that way as well. This is the place for motivation and inspiration no matter what your age or weight.
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request. Not a good looking man, just an old fat lady losing weight and getting healthy. LOL

I love this! Actually made me :laugh:

I usually wait for people to add me. I can't take rejection well :ohwell:
    But I like the idea of adding those with similar interests, like I'm starting Kundalini yoga and Insanity, so adding those who do the same would be a start for me. Just start off with that ;)
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i add people with similar goals, similar lifestyle (mom w/kids), or if they just seem really supportive and serious about achieving their goals. you can learn so much from people on here so the more the merrier.

do you actually get a notification if you're declined? i think i probably don't even care about getting rejected since i only really know 2 people in real life on this whole site lol if they rejected me i may have to fight them. ijs
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If they have a body part I want to work towards, they're sexy, they have similar goals, or they have a great picture. Usually you can tell a lot about where someone is at by their picture alone. After that, just telling them why I wanna add them I guess. :P