What to do with plain greek yogurt?

Options
Lol my grandmother accidentally bought plain instead of vanilla. I tried it and deffffffinitely not something I'd eat as is. Lol what can I use it for? Any ideas or recipes you can share would be great :)

Replies

• cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Just add some granola or fruit to it...yum
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mix the powder ranch mix in and use as veggie dip :)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I use it instead of sour cream. I put it in smoothies. I add spices or pesto and use it for mayo. I add it to whole wheat macaroni and cheese. It's also just good with fruit and sweetener added.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just add some granola or fruit to it...yum

This is what I do with it. :-)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    drizzle a little honey on it. I don't mix it in, just a little honey on a spoon of yogurt. Fage makes a single serving pack, with a small container of honey (1-2oz) with a container of yogurt (6oz), that's my favorite greek yogurt option.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Use it instead of sour cream, salad dressing (add garlic and lemon juice), mayo, or add fruit, honey, homemade chocolate sauce ( I make mine with almond butter, cocoa powder and milk, and a little honey - or omit almond butter) - YUMMY!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I add fruit, granola, hemp seeds, honey or like others have mentioned I will make smoothies or replace sour cream with it. After awhile it really isn't that bad plain, I now have a hard time eating normal yogurt (find it too sweet).
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like to mix blueberries, hemp seeds, and maybe a little honey into it. A drop of vanilla can add some flavor to it, also. I've acquired a taste for it fairly plain, but love it with fruit and crunchy nuts for the texture.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If I'm dieting, I put calorie-free fruit spread in it and it tastes even better.
  • angeleyes2u78
    angeleyes2u78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I actually hate mayo now because I have started using plain greek yogurt..... i also use it for dip with veggies adding a few spices to it or a ranch packet.... we made salad dresssing using skim milk, greek yogurt, and a ranch packet... it is low cal, and amazing....... lots of protein too because of the greek yogurt.... I use mine on taco salads, mix the greek yogurt with your favorite salsa and it is amazing as well.... there is a lot you can do with it... google search recipes using plain greek yougurt and you would be surprised what you can come up with... this is one of my main foods in my house.....
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Add some sugar free cheesecake pudding put in a grahm cracker/cookie shell and makes a great desert...good even without the crust.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love it with sliced berries & drizzled with honey - one of my favorite desserts. Also good in smoothies.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I would just use to make some kind of smoothie mmm :)
  • kaaaaaaa
    kaaaaaaa Posts: 29
    Options
    I love all of these ideas :) Using it for mayo, what kind of spices do you add to it?
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Use it for salads (chicken, yoghurt & spices/salmon or tuna, lemon & capers), blend it with some natural sweetener, honey or cacao, use it to make smoothies, mix it through oatmeal, use it in baking.. Tons of options really :)
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    What don't I use it on/ with?

I use it in place of sour cream for anything. Just put a dollop on my Cowboy Beans for supper earlier tonight.

But I usually sweeten with some splenda and top with just about anything. Berries, granola, nuts.

The other day I had 1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt, sweetened with some splenda, and topped with Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal and a handful of cinnamon spiced almonds. YUMMY!!!

I also put a 1/4 cup into smoothies for some extra protein.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Banana & Agave nectar
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    I use it as a sour cream substitute. Good stuff when mixed w/ salsa ~ great as a dressing on my low fat taco salad.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add some grated cucumber, dill, garlic and mint and you have a really tasty greek tsatsiki. I put it on poached chicken, grilled fish or even have it with my steamed veg and baked sweet potato :wink:
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Add just a bit on honey and enjoy it plain.