some running questions.

Options
how long do you wait to run after you've eaten?
(i feel sick sometimes when i run and i think it's from recently eating/drinking)

motivation tips for running longer?
(it took me a month to be able to run a mile, but now i dont have any motivation to go longer, lol. but i need to work up to at least 3 miles because im going to be in cross country next month)

also tips for working up distance?
(like training methods)

okay any distance running tips would be appreciated =)

Replies

• rvest
    rvest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found that I need an empty stomach to run. So, I run right after I get up in the morning. My suggestion is to eat a light snack and then wait about 30 min and see if that helps. If you eat a big meal, I would wait at least an hour. As for running longer distances, several magazines like runners world have great information about how to increase distance. The key is to increase slowly, with days of rest. Good luck!!! You'll do great, just keep running!
  • presariofaded
    Options
    well i think i'll try running on an empty stomach tomorrow morning. i've always been scared of trying that for some reason.
    okay thanks =)
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've always heard it's not a good idea, because your body is still in starvation mode. But this article looks at it from different angles; might be helpful: http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/f/emptystomach.htm
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    1. Week one: Walk for 6 minutes, then jog at an easy pace for 1 minute. Repeat 3 times. Aim for three sessions with that same sequence for week one.
    2. Week two: Walk for 5 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Aim to do three sessions in week two.
    3. Week three: Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 4 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Aim for four sessions in week three.
    4. Week four: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Shoot for four of those sessions in week four.
    5. Week five: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 8 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four of those sessions in week five.
    6. Week six: Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 9 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Try to do four sessions for week six.
    7. Week seven: Walk for 1 minute, then jog for 11 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four sessions this week.
    8. Week eight: Congratulations on making it to week eight! For your first run this week, try walking for 5 minutes to begin and end the workout, and run for 20 minutes in between. By the end of the week, try to run for 30 minutes without stopping
  • presariofaded
    Options
    interesting article. im still going to try running on an empty stomach tomorrow since i dont run for long but i think im going to stick with eating before i exercise.

and thank you iceprincess :flowerforyou: for the training schedule, but i can already run 20 minutes.