What to do with plain greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I have mine with grapefuit segments and blueberries as my afternoon snack. I cut the fruit the night before so all the juice from the grapefuit (ruby are best but normal grapefruit is fine) are in the container with the blueberries and cold!
    Yummo
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can use it in place of sour cream. Also you can use it in place of oil for brownie and cake mixes as well.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lol my grandmother accidentally bought plain instead of vanilla. I tried it and deffffffinitely not something I'd eat as is. Lol what can I use it for? Any ideas or recipes you can share would be great :)
    If you're not keen on the taste it can also be used to treat fungal infections.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I just use it with my chocolate flavored protein powder. I had never tried it before and the taste was very weird lol. I've gotten used to it and I really do enjoy it with the protein powder. It's like double the protein and quite filling.

I'm willing to try it with something else, might nick everyone's ideas lol.
  • BasherNasher
    Options
    Frozen berries with Meringue
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    brown some chicken, then put the chicken in an oven dish,
    beat an egg yolk with some Dijon mustard plain Greek yogurt and pour it over the chicken
    top with a little grated cheese and bake
    :smile:
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i use it instead of mayo. with fruit. with protein shakes. and even as a base for some marinades (tandoori chicken!). :D
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    Blueberries, strawberries, banana, kiwi, etc, honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Nom nom nomnonmnom! :D
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My fav is to add in a few cut up strawberries and a little granola!
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Add a bannana and chocolate whey protein powder, and a touch of almond milk.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat it with fruit or use it as a substitute for sour cream.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I add some splenda and cinnamon to it and some apple bits
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i eat it every day with strawberries, blueberries and granola! so good!

i also use it as a healthier replacement for sour cream! i bake a sweet potato (or put a sweet potato in the microwave for 10 mins), cut it open, then put some greek yogurt and a laughing cow cheese inside and mash it all up! a seriously delicious and seriously easy dinner! i can never even finish cause it's so filling!
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of Sour Cream, much healthier as it's lower in sugar and sat fat.. :)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Use it whenever a recipe calls for sour cream.
  • danielnoble
    Options
    In my protein shakes, makes it nice and creamy like a smoothie.
    Before bed with some berries and walnuts.

Like some of the other suggestions, will try a few out, except for the sweeteners, Only sugar I eat is already in the food.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my instant oatmeal packets (my favorite is Active Lifestyle Apple Chai) and a bit of milk to thin it out, delicious!
  • MarieLouise2012
    MarieLouise2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options
    ADD FRUIT!!!
    The best plain yogurt to use in place of sour cream is Chobani!! But the very best of the best plain yogurt for everything is FAGE pronounced fah-yeh!! Add frozen fruit & you have an awesome nutritious treat!!