Kale Chips.... wow!

Options
So I jumped on the kale chip band wagon, and I have to say, I was shocked how delicious they were!! All I did was put a little sea salt, and misted them with a little garlic olive oil... everyone, even my kids, ate in in minutes!

Has anyone experimented with these before? I would love to find some new flavor ideas!

Replies

• hwlnmd
    hwlnmd Posts: 8
    Options
    I tried some a friend had made and they are wonderful! Great with chili-cinnamon baked sweet potatoes.
    Did you bake yours in the oven or use a food dehydrator?
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of them...but will try them...how many calories ...where did you get them from..
  • Awesomeaussie
    Awesomeaussie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of them before, please tell more as we have kale growing in the garden. I juice it with apple, lettuce, lemon and ginger but I haven't heard of kale chips. Are you drying it out in the oven with oil or something, or is it something that you have bought?
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    They are great, except that my grandmother saw some in the fridge in a ziplock bag and thought it was a bag of weed. o__0
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    so how do I make them?
    sea salt & olive oil them the oven? for how long?
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate kale chips! Will post the recipe when I figure out exactly where I have it saved LOL
  • hlshubert
    hlshubert Posts: 45
    Options
    what about garlic parmasean (sp?) - that would probably be good - I'm gonna try these when I get home!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, Cider vinegar and salt! Delicious!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    They are great, except that my grandmother saw some in the fridge in a ziplock bag and thought it was a bag of weed. o__0

Hmmm...have to ask some friends of mine if they've tried dehydrated weed, misted with garlic olive oil....ROFL!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    recipe? Would love to know the recipe and nutrition info if you have it! Sounds good!

edited for spelling error
  • bamajes
    bamajes Posts: 24
    Options
    Saw these lat night on Worst Chefs. They looked interesting. Will definitely try them.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Add nutritional yeast for a nutty, cheesy flavor (great for vegans).... bake till crispy and then dip into ketchup.......
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I tried them.. maybe it was the kind I got... (idk which it was.. it was from trader joes) the wasabi flavor.

They melted instantly. Is that how they all are, i was looking for a crunch snack fix.:cry:

edited: by melt, I mean dissolved. They were tissue paper thin...
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have head these things are so good. I just found out my boyfrriend's dad grows kale in his garden. i'm totally going to get some when he has it and make some kale chips!!
  • maethoriel
    Options
    LOVE kale chips!
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    I make salt & vinegar ones and they totally satisfy my cravings for potato chips.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try these, bumping for instructions