How do you know who to add?

Options
13»

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    If you like what they type..Send a request..
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Do i go through and add all the cute men?.

This is what I do

tumblr_ljkeuyjp1a1qafrh6.gif?1318992465
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    Just started MFP too, and after reading the forums, I started adding people who were new like me, had similar goals, or seemed to interact. No point adding someone who trolls the forums but doesn't have goals or any activity in their own profile. But that's just me.

I do know what you mean though. For me, I'd like to add a few who have been here awhile, who still may have weight to lose but have also had success.. but it's harder approaching them.

I always did hate being the newbie in a group..
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Because I've seen how awesome they are in the forums usually.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So far, I've only added people who showed interest in adding me because of some similarity we share, let it be location, cuisine tastes, or ability to recognize and use their and they're properly.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    its hard to know , if the profile is not viewable,
    just add people then if they turn out be non genuine and don't log in or offer any support you can remove them from your list,
    but be care full not to add so many people that you cant keep up with everyone's comments
    you will build some really good bonds with people on here its a fantastic network
    and if your a bit shy doesn't matter as you don't have to come face to face with anyone, so just be yourself, and as for being made fun of well you don't have to worry about that, there's all sorts of different personalities on here, and everyone is free to just be their natural self.
    you can add me as a friend if you want
    good luck :)
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I decide by a couple of reasons. Based on what I find in the info. If they have failed to fill anything out in the info, unless they just joined. that shows motivation. activity in the fourms that shows more intrest and less likely to get discouraged and quit showing back up. Lastly I don't discriminate on male/ female or anyothers who to add. Based on every person time give great idea's you take a little bit from everyone and it is normally solid reasoning. Once you get your freinds certain ones on your freinds list you know what ones can help with different issues. Some are exercizing, while some give good nutritional, and other give more life experiance. IT all depends what you want. The more didication they have to the web site/ moble app the more intrest they are goign to give...
    Just my 2 Cents
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I only accept people taller than me so I can look up to them in more ways than one. It's motivation!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Magic 8 ball. It's the only practical way!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you'd like........not as young as you, but fiesty!:bigsmile:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a method...it's like FB...do you have any friends in common? are they active? are they are a runner?! haha.

I guess someone who is motivated to get where they want to be because I know I am.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My first group of friends was a bunch of wonderful ladies from a local Mommies website that helped inspire me to join and get started. After them, I started getting into the forums and I requested several people that I found inspiring or just felt I had something in common with when I read their posts. Some of my friends became my friends b/c we were doing the same workouts and wanted to encourage each other. Most of my friends have requested me after reading something I wrote in the forums or checking out my profile. Some of us also have similar stats in terms of height and possibly starting weight and/or goals.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I accept all friend requests. I'm on very frequently through the day, it's what I do as my youngest nurses, or naps on me:) I also comment on almost everything - I will not comment on closed diaries, and I will tell you to eat more if you are consistently under eating.
  • KeJo03
    KeJo03 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I love meeting different people with similar goals :smile:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I add the ones who make me laugh, I've got this thing for sarcasm.

I also add people who say something I strongly agree with or relate to and people who I seem to have a lot in common with. It's really not all that complicated.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like. im here to support others
  • butterflyjess
    Options
    Im new and need more friends. feel free to add me:)
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am looking for motivation buddies as well! :)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request. Not a good looking man, just an old fat lady losing weight and getting healthy. LOL

:laugh:

I think its personal preference. You'll find that if you really enjoy posting on walls and keeping up with each and everyone of your freinds that you will want to keep your list small.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I add people that have lost a lot of weight or people that have been doing this for a while. I add people that have good goals and routines to help them accomplish their goals. I add people that remain focused on the prize at the end. I've added some people from various challenges that I have joined. I also add a few hot guys. I like their routines and pics. :wink:

I will also delete you if you're not online participating after 5-7 days. I need the support just as much as my friends. I expect to interact with them on a daily basis.