Meals that burn fat from problem areas....

Options

Replies

• rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

a.gif
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I read no further than.
    According to Dr. Oz

Calorie restriction, resistance training and nutritional variety .... over time... will work wonders.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Sorry to sound rude, but that's a total load of crap.

Everybody's body loses fat differently and there is absolutely no way to "spot train" to lose fat in certain places. Sad, but true.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    This belly-blasting breakfast is loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body and help decrease fat storage around your stomach
    I just KNEW there was a reason I still have a wobbly stomach, clearly my excess body fat is inflamed, if only I'd known this before...! :bigsmile:
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    serious? :laugh:
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hmm...wonder if this really works..
  • TourThePast
    Options
    hmm...wonder if this really works..
    Course it doesn't work, just enjoy the humour of the thread. :smile:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    According to Dr. Oz .....

I got this far then stopped reading. Life is too short for another "according to dr oz" thread.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well regardless of the validity of how much someone might think my post may or may not help someone’s weight loss journey rest assured I’m not a troll, or a bot, and I’m not selling anything. I’m a real person who has lost nearly 100 lbs through diet and exercise alone. I honestly appreciate all constructive advice (especially from those who can demonstrate how one tactic or another can be effective or ineffective) – even the jokes were funny . I think my original post (while I was just trying to be helpful) might have come off like I was advertising for some product I sell – nope – I just know how hard it is to lose weight and was passing along something I had read.

Take care
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Dr. Oz & his guests that share what they know. This episode would have better impact for people to view his episode over reading a recipe. However just from looking at the recipe the ingredients in the egg muffin are the importance of this belly buster it's very simple if you compare it to a stack of pancakes with butter & a side of bacon. (i know that's a very obvious way to say it) as for me I would omit the muffin-but that surely changes the molecular science of this meal-but still I rather have whole grain bread

Avocados are amazing as is Olive Oil which also promotes colon health and tomatoes are a super fruit too which are great for your skin. There is very much truth inside the molecular nutrition and all the science of our combinations of foods and their nutritional biochemistry. The food chemists are opening so many new doorways to understanding correlations & functionality of foods at the molecular levels between nutrition & prospective health. As for the inflammation of the gut I think that has been misconstrued since visceral fat causes inflammation & stress factors on the organs & even though this belly fat is hard to get rid of it can be done with combinations of foods & commitment with being active. I would not be wise to discredit the science of food & it's chemistry or the research. Obviously we all know what foods make us fat & how they make us fatter.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a snake oil salesman.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I think the principle is losing bellyfat through eating monounsaturated fats with a meal. (That's where the avocado comes in I think).

The book, "The Flat Belly Diet" also relies on this principle. To some extent the principle has worked for me. I've increased that kind of fat in my diet while reducing "bad fats" and processed foods. Yes, I sometimes still eat the "bad fats" and processed foods and realize it's calories in versus calories burned, but I think the point is that the quality of the food matters.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I would not be wise to discredit the science of food & it's chemistry or the research.
    If there was any peer reviewed research (ie the way proper research works) that demonstrated that certain foods made you fat in certain areas of the body, it would be okay for him to promote that theory.

There is none.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I've heard so much negativity about Dr.Oz that I don't know who he is because I never gave him the time of day to look him up... Says a lot really.

However..OP Trolling?!
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options
    I would not be wise to discredit the science of food & it's chemistry or the research.
    If there was any peer reviewed research (ie the way proper research works) that demonstrated that certain foods made you fat in certain areas of the body, it would be okay for him to promote that theory.

There is none.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Show us the peer reviewed science and it would be hard to discredit it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options

There is none.
    Believe what you want how you wish to believe, but there is evidence in peers & the evidence & study & research inside fats are also valid as are differing body types & DNA structures in body types which are more prone to fat storage & their locations-it's simple science they have been teaching us for years even amidts false advertising mega fast foods that are poor choices.. If you believe in other forms of science which I see from your diary you do it is not hard to conceive.
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options
    Well regardless of the validity of how much someone might think my post may or may not help someone’s weight loss journey rest assured I’m not a troll, or a bot, and I’m not selling anything. I’m a real person who has lost nearly 100 lbs through diet and exercise alone. I honestly appreciate all constructive advice (especially from those who can demonstrate how one tactic or another can be effective or ineffective) – even the jokes were funny . I think my original post (while I was just trying to be helpful) might have come off like I was advertising for some product I sell – nope – I just know how hard it is to lose weight and was passing along something I had read.

Take care

I LOVE Dr.OZ & He & his staff & the network are a valued tool to many, don't pay any attention to the discrediting as people are all entitled to their opposing opinion(s). I love learning what he offers us as a useful tool. The issue with this post is people fail to realize how changing an average meal (not those on MFP) can greatly affect their weight loss. Belly fat is a big industry for marketing & it is obviously for a very valid reason. I appreciate your sharing & sorry you have been targeted with such negative replies & correspondences.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    For anyone wondering if Raspberry Ketones are worth the $$:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320505001281
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015626470803881

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that a bunch of mice were force-fed until they were obese. Half of them were given a continued fatty diet, and half were given RK. The ones who took RK gained weight less quickly than those on the fatty diet.

They were also given enough RK that it was 2% of their entire diet. So yeah, one pill for a human isn't going to cut it.

All RK does is make you get fatter more slowly. None of the results show that they help you lose weight.
  • Strawberry_Kitten
    Options
    Sounds like a scam.