So you stay under your calories, but. . .

Options
Dear people of MFP,

While it's great that you are staying under your calorie limit, doing so by having two meals that are 700 calories a piece is really doing yourself a disservice!!!! EAT MORE OFTEN! And EAT REAL FOOD! While you might be able to get away with losing weight at first on grilled cheese and PBJ sandwiches, you're going to have to eat real food someday. Take a couple of hours on the weekend and dedicate it to cooking your meals for the week. It really doesn't take that long if you're smart about it. Eat real breakfast! Cereal is not going to hold you very long, and having one egg or one banana is not helping your body either. Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day (and I'm not talking about an Egg McMuffin either). You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . . basically, you should be on the same eating schedule as a baby. Think about it. . . a baby has an uncorrupted schedule of eating. . . it's only because we force them to wait longer between meals out of convenience that this changes. And let's face it . . . being healthy is not exactly convenient, but that's also why it's worth it. :)

Have a happy and healthy day! And eat the food God created. . not the food man created. :)

Replies

• Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't think anybody needs to be lectured on what to eat. If I want cereal for breakfast, I'll have it and if I don 't want to be eating 5-6 meals a day, I won't, thank you very much. Different things work for different people, I think you would do well to respect that.
  • bwalters82
    Options
    What ingredients are in an Egg Mcmuffin that are so bad? It's just egg and ham, right?
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

Don't adopt a lecturing tone to tell me what I should be doing. If you've found something that works for you, feel free to share your experience. But don't assume that your path is the one everyone should follow.

Have a happy and healthy day!
  • bwalters82
    Options
    It's odd to hear so many Americans say they don't want to hear about eating real food... It's almost as if they have no idea what's in their food to start with. Bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Dear people of MFP,

While it's great that you are staying under your calorie limit, doing so by having two meals that are 700 calories a piece is really doing yourself a disservice!!!! EAT MORE OFTEN! And EAT REAL FOOD! While you might be able to get away with losing weight at first on grilled cheese and PBJ sandwiches, you're going to have to eat real food someday. Take a couple of hours on the weekend and dedicate it to cooking your meals for the week. It really doesn't take that long if you're smart about it. Eat real breakfast! Cereal is not going to hold you very long, and having one egg or one banana is not helping your body either. Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day (and I'm not talking about an Egg McMuffin either). You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . . basically, you should be on the same eating schedule as a baby. Think about it. . . a baby has an uncorrupted schedule of eating. . . it's only because we force them to wait longer between meals out of convenience that this changes. And let's face it . . . being healthy is not exactly convenient, but that's also why it's worth it. :)

Have a happy and healthy day! And eat the food God created. . not the food man created. :)

Wow, nothing like taking a condescending, lecturing, preachy tone to spread all kinds of misinformation and falsities that have absolutely no basis in reality or science. Meal frequency and size has absolutely NO bearing on health, well-being, or weight loss. You may want to actually do some scientific research before you jump on your soap box, and make sure that you actually know what you're talking about before you attempt to tell people how they should live their lives.
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    My bad.....I forgot this website was about losing weight, not necessarily being healthy.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It's odd to hear so many Americans say they don't want to hear about eating real food... It's almost as if they have no idea what's in their food to start with. Bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with real food or being healthy. I don't like being condescended to. Thanks for sharing!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My bad.....I forgot this website was about losing weight, not necessarily being healthy.
    Eating 6 meals a day does not make you any healthier than eating 1 meal a day. Like I said, do some research.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No, you forgot you aren't an expert and that people don't like being told what to do. Mind your own damn business.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cool story, ill stick to my skipping breakfast and lunch. So I can eat like a human and not like a bird.
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I do apologize.....I really didn't mean to be condescending.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't think anybody needs to be lectured on what to eat. If I want cereal for breakfast, I'll have it and if I don 't want to be eating 5-6 meals a day, I won't, thank you very much. Different things work for different people, I think you would do well to respect that.

I agree 100% with you. I'm ok with advice but the lecture oh no!!! Coulb be my problem but I am down 60+ pounds so something I am doing is working and I will keep doing it until it stops!!
  • mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

Don't adopt a lecturing tone to tell me what I should be doing. If you've found something that works for you, feel free to share your experience. But don't assume that your path is the one everyone should follow.

THIS!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

Exactly...
  • JackboyE
    JackboyE Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . .

I don't even know what to say.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    *I'll get the popcorn*
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks for this :)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Meh. I think I'll stick to what's been working for me <3
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    While it's great to eat "clean" and "whole" foods, in the end, fat loss is solely about calorie deficit.
This discussion has been closed.