Need Suggestions about not going over calories

Options
I don't know if I have the willpower to eat only 1460 calories a day anymore. In order to lose a lb a week, I need to be eating this amount. I have been very active and eating much better than have ever in my life for the past 6 weeks. I burn on average 800 calories/day and I haven't lost any weight or inches. I am so ravishingly hungry every day that I can't control myself and I have to eat. I feel like I might pass out if I don't!

So my concern is that maybe I am just too weak minded and need to just have better willpower to lose a damn lb, but I never remember weight loss being this extraordinary uncomfortable before. I go over my calories EVERY single day. I eat an average of 2,200 calories/day. I go over about 500-800 calories/day on average.

I don't know what to do. I feel so sick and weak if I don't eat since I work out so much. Frustrated since I can't lose ANY weight and I am feeling emotionally stressed and worn out by everything I am doing. Please help!

By the way: have had my thyroid and blood sugar checked. I am normal in both.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I'll ask- are you eating your exercise calories?
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am eating my exercise calories every day. I thought maybe I would lose inches instead of lbs first, but I actually gained inches in my waist and hips in the past 6 weeks. I feel hopeless. Maybe I am genetically defunct. I don't know what to do anymore.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    What does your diet look like?

How much fiber, protien and fat are you eating? All of these will help you feel full.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    800 calories a day is also pretty darn extreme. Taking days off is truly important for your body to heal. If you do nothing but work the body you will retain everything that you take in- your body thinks it's in the war lol

Sorry if all these questions are annoying- I'm just trying to get enough info that someone might be able to help you figure this out.:flowerforyou:
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    can you try fitting a banana in a few times a week? very high in potassium, might help with the dizziness. also, potatoes are even higher in potassium than bananas. personally my favorite are perogies, which are low in calories w/ fat free sour cream and sliced potatoes outta the can w/ i cant believe its not butter spray and some peppper. mmmmm
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Are you going over your calories including exercise calories EVERY day? That's why you're not losing weight....every extra 3500 cals or whatever it is ADDS a pound...umm...

Maybe look at my diary and other people's diaries to see what they're eating :flowerforyou:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Are you eating what the program suggested for carbs, fat , and protein. I had to go into the program and adjust my percentages to 20% fat 30 % carbs and 50% protein. The more protein i eat the less hungry i am. Since doin these percentages I am no long hungry.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    So, you are saying you net about 1400 after exercise, correct? I don't know your stats but maybe you aren't eating enough for the amount of exercise you do.
    Eating high protein and fiber can help you feel more full too.
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I try to spread my calories out through the day, like for instance today I brought a sandwich, fruit cup, and yogurt for lunch. I'll eat the sandwich and fruit cup, but save the yogurt for later on in the day, so that I'm still eating my "lunch" calories, but later in the day, so its taking place of my afternoon snack really. I find that if I don't eat consistently, like every 3 hours or so, I feel like I'm going to pass out, and then I tend to overeat alot at dinner.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually go over the fiber and protein amounts everyday. My calorie intake per day is actually 1600. i usually gain 800 calories from exercise per day and I ALWAYS go over that amount by the end of the day because I am so freakin' hungry. I go over on sugar every day because breakfast alone is like 30grams of sugar (cereal, milk). So the only thing i am sucking at is sugar. All my other levels are just fine. I don't know what to do anymore. I eat loads of protein, but most of my protein is not from meat-it's from beans, tofu and other non-meat alternatives.
  • gemiwing
    Options
    If you're set to lose two pounds, or 1.5, try scaling back MFP to lose one pound. If you're that hungry all the time then your body might need to do this slower than your brain wants to.
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    if you are getting dizzy and not feeling well when you don't eat, and it is a continuous issue, i recommend going to see a doctor. you may have an issue with your sugar level (which can often lead to feeling that way). Let your doctor know your goals and get advice. there may be another factor going on.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I usually go over the fiber and protein amounts everyday. My calorie intake per day is actually 1600. i usually gain 800 calories from exercise per day and I ALWAYS go over that amount by the end of the day because I am so freakin' hungry. I go over on sugar every day because breakfast alone is like 30grams of sugar (cereal, milk). So the only thing i am sucking at is sugar. All my other levels are just fine. I don't know what to do anymore. I eat loads of protein, but most of my protein is not from meat-it's from beans, tofu and other non-meat alternatives.
    Are you netting 1600 after exercise or actually consuming 1600?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am eating my exercise calories every day. I thought maybe I would lose inches instead of lbs first, but I actually gained inches in my waist and hips in the past 6 weeks. I feel hopeless. Maybe I am genetically defunct. I don't know what to do anymore.

This is something from another post that I found very interesting and encouraging:

"The inches on your thighs and mid section are probably related to the stress running causes on your thighs and core area, whereby causing the muscles to retain water in their efforts to heal and protect from later stress. If you don't have a lot to lose, this could also be the reason for the incremental increase on the scale. "

I have started running a lot more and although my legs and butt look more muscular, the tape measurer isnt lying by saying my thighs are an inch wider!

All you can do is keep at it. You didn't come here for a quick fix, did you? :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Alright. Wow. First, if you're supposed to be eating 1600, then you burn 800, you really should be eating 2400. If you are getting like 2200 - 2400 like you said, then that's great. Spot on!!!

It sounds a lot to me like you are not eating carbs. You talk about fiber & protein which is great, but are you eating carbs? You NEED them, especially with that much exercise daily. You should be eating about 50% carbs as a portion of your daily calories. I will promise you that you will feel less hungry. Another thing, where is your fat? Do you eat any fat? You have to, you know? It's required by the body. And I don't mean fat from crap, I mean good fat, like omega-3s.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    go over on sugar every day because breakfast alone is like 30grams of sugar (cereal, milk).

:noway: :noway: :noway:

what cereal are you eating??? that sounds waaay too high for a nutritious breakfast - maybe have an omelet on wholemeal toast? might fill you up for longer???
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Alright. Wow. First, if you're supposed to be eating 1600, then you burn 800, you really should be eating 2400. If you are getting like 2200 - 2400 like you said, then that's great. Spot on!!!

It sounds a lot to me like you are not eating carbs. You talk about fiber & protein which is great, but are you eating carbs? You NEED them, especially with that much exercise daily. You should be eating about 50% carbs as a portion of your daily calories. I will promise you that you will feel less hungry. Another thing, where is your fat? Do you eat any fat? You have to, you know? It's required by the body. And I don't mean fat from crap, I mean good fat, like omega-3s.

He's the one that told me what I told you! :bigsmile: You should listen to him!