12 months on

Options
sleepy184
sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
This was me in 2011
1-1.jpg
And this was me in 2012 exactly 12 months apart.
2_2-1.jpg
I keep getting told now that I have lost too much weight and I look Ill! Honest opinions please?

Replies

• taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! Honest opinion, yes, you look as though you've lost too much, in your face mainly.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Congrats! I think it's hard for us to say. Are you at a healthy weight? If so I would say you are fine.

My husband lost a lot of weight years ago and he got down to 176 (from 340) and he looked unhealthy to me. But looking back I am sure he was ok, but it would take awhile for everyone to get use to seeing him that way. He is 5'9 so 176 was a "normal" weight, but he is about 220 now and wants to get down to 200. I think he would look really good there.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sleepy you look absolutely amazing a massive well done x
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you look good! i don't think you look malnourished. Just the comparison between the two makes you look a little too thin. But I would say as long as you are eating enough and burning good calories, your fine. People seem to think a fuller face and body is consider health and i would venture more toward the other side. Your doing well! if you're not starving yourself, getting lightheaded, or other symptoms that go with being malnourished, then your fine. Keep it up!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Sleepy - and i'm so pleased to have you as a MFP friend :) - your support along with your weight loss, is amazing :) well done :) xx
  • ren3of3
    ren3of3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it's the fit of your tux more than anything.
    Try a different cut and you'll took trim instead of thin.
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    You look very handsome in your tux. I think we all look a little older in the face as we lose weight but the trade off of being healthy is worth it. Well done. :)
  • VEBustos
    VEBustos Posts: 7
    Options
    I think it's the fit of your tux more than anything.
    Try a different cut and you'll took trim instead of thin.

Totally agree with this point. You do not look ill! Your face has changed dramatically, however, as it is much more chiseled than when you were heavier. Don't let negative comments get you down. As long as you're eating right, and keeping active, that's what's important.
  • sleepy184
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm sure anyone who looks at my food diary will tell you that I do Eat!!
    My current BMI is 24.2 I was around 230lbs and I am now 150lbs.
    I dont intend to loose anymore but need to tone up some.
  • sleepy184
    Options
    Does any one use anything to try to get the elastisity back in the skin around the stomach region following a lot of weight loss?
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think our image of what looks normal can be distorted sometimes. I think you look great in the second picture.
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I don't think you've lost too much, nor do I think you look ill. Actually, I think you are very handsome in both pictures but obviously healthier in the second picture. I think sometimes it just takes people to adjust to your new look.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!