Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?

I've just recently started eating them, and I wasn't crazy about them at first, but they are growing on me!

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    sweet potato fries! so yummy and easy
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    sweet potato fries
  • Baked in their skin. 425 for at least an hour, until they are super soft. They need nothing else.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Either mashed up with a bit of milk and butter, or as a jacket potato.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Soup! Dice equal quantities of sweet potato and red bell pepper. Put in a pan with some vegetable stock and a couple of cloves of gralic, cook until soft and then blitz in the blender. Yummy goodness!

I also love them baked like a normal potato.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    LIKE MASHED POTATOES....SOOOO GOOD... BOIL THEM ..THEN PEEL THEM AND PUT A LIL BIT OF I CANT BELIVE ITS NOT BUTTER MASH THEM AND UR DONE
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 192 Member
    Sweet potato fries are the best
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    just finished one; baked with "spray" butter. yum.

They are so easy to bake; just stab them a few times with a fork, stick them on a cookie sheet and bake about an hour at 450.

If you have a delay setting on your oven, program it to be done when you're home from work. Literally <1 minute prep. (don't forget add an extra 15 minutes for the delay start to include pre-heat time).
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    baked sweet potatoes
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 686 Member
    Sweet potato fries sprinkled with cinnamon or baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and a little splenda. Both are yummy
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Prick w/ fork, roll in paper towel
    Microwave 7-10 mins depending on size
    Cut in half add butter and salt and pepper
    Nom 'em.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Oven roasted cubes. Cut up. Spray generously with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees until golden.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Either baked and topped with chili and greek yogurt or baked and topped with brown sugar and greek yogurt.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Definitely baked in skins in the oven or on the grill for an hour until they are really soft and super sweet. Then I add a little smart balance and cinnamon. Yum! Sometimes I dice, toss with olive oil and roast in a 425 degree oven. I love them mashed too. I add orange juice and a little maple syrup to it. This is not an everyday way to make it though because of the added sugars, so I make it for special occasions.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Cut into fries/wedges, toss in duck fat and fry or bake
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    I make a stew with them. I dice them, add onions, chick peas, some green veggies and some veg stock, lots of garlic, onions, cumin and tomato paste and have it in a bowl. :)
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    cut into 3/4" rounds, bake, top with sharp cheddar, green onions and bacon.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I like eating them with my mouth.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    I love sweet potatoes fries or mashed sweet potatoes.

Mashed sweet potatoes, I put low fat butter, cinnamon, almond milk and a little organic maple syrup for sweetness. SOOO Good:wink:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Diced, baked with some diced onions and topped witha fried egg.