30 day shred starting tomorrow (11th march) anyone want to j

Options

Replies

• maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 1. I am new here in MFP. Please feel free to add me. Hope we all see good results after we finish 30DS. =)
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started 3 days ago and couldn't walk the next morning or yesterday. I can finally move again without wanting to scream so I plan to start back tonight. I hope this not being able to move is not going to be a recurring theme. :sick:
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started March1st, so I finished day 10 of level 1 yesterday. On to level 2 today...I'm a little scared! lol

? I'm probably gonna sound like a dummy, but I thought you did level one for 30 days and then moved on to level two?

Hi! I had heard that it was 10 days at each level for a total of 30 days. It's really one of those things that you should personalize though...if you aren't ready to move up after 10 days...don't! I've seen a lot of people on mfp threads that move up after 7/8/9 days. I wanted to do 10 straight and I think I was ready to move on because when I started on day 1, I was exhausted, used 3 lb weights, and did the easier modifications. By day 10, I was still working hard, but it was much easier, I was using 5 lb weights and doing the harder modifications. Day 1 of level 2 today...kicked my butt! I hope that I will notice as much difference in ability to do it as I did after a few days of level 1. Good luck!
  • kathlangridge
    kathlangridge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i'll start it tonight! :) please add me!
  • emmataylorishere
    Options
    I'd like to join in! I'm a newbie around here, but was doing the 30 Day Shred about a month ago and would like to do it a few more times before I move on to a different exercise routine. :-)
  • ShellUK
    ShellUK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completed session one of the dvd today for the first time after having it in the house and not using it. I think she should give breaks to ease us in. I can’t do them press ups even at the level one. I did enjoy it though and hopefully my fitness will improve by continuing this dvd for 30 days!
  • Precious75134
    Precious75134 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this...I have started before and did not finish...The very first time I tried, I was totally out of shape and could not get in 5 min but I worked my way up because I was determined not to be defeated.....Question: Are we going to log in every day to give some type of update about our progress? What's the plan...
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD (today) and plan to start tomorrow. So count me. I have never done this before and would love some support. And offer support, of course!
  • CMXL
    Options
    Well, reading all your posts, I was so motivated that I started my L1D1 tonight! It was quite fun although painful at times. But I don't think I could have done this without having worked out steadily the past few months and especially pretty much every day after I joined MFP. Go MFP!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i just bought the 30ds and it should be at my house today. plan on starting tonight. good luck to everyone!
  • kathlangridge
    kathlangridge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    did Day 1 level 1 last night. forgot how hard it was, but how do-able 20 mins of hard work is! i've never done the 30ds for more than 11 days, so hopefully i can stay motivated til the end and see some real results! (i'm also training for a 10k in april!)
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOL - just got my 30 day shred in the mail and did the first workout...face is still all red! I am a day behind but I'll follow with you! :)
  • HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just got through with day 1. Last time, I made it to level 3, day 3 and got sick. That was just about a month ago, but I can already tell I've lost what I had gained doing it, so re-starting now. Love this video. Good luck everyone and have fun!
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Level 3. Day 26 all together.
  • alyssablake18
    Options
    hey Im on day 14 of the 30 day shred and i would like to join i need support and im not losing any weight or inches so i need support to keep at it and hope to see a change.
  • alyssablake18
    Options
    so what kinda results have youseen so far? im on day 14 and havne sen any so im curious?
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i think no matter what day we could all use the support. i just started so im only on day 2 and sore. but a good sore. cant wait to see more results. what a workout. i was sweating and my legs felt like noodles afterwards but i am so motivated to keep going now.
  • CMXL
    Options
    L1 D3

Since I have been strength training with a trainer the past few months, I am not finding this level too difficult, but there are a couple of routines that kick my butt. I can do the abs well, most of the cardio stuff well but my arms and thighs get sore, but a good kind of sore. I am determined to stick with the 30 Day plan without a break. I don't think I am comfortable enough to post pictures, but would love to see some changes!
  • Precious75134
    Precious75134 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 day 1 today...How are you guys logging the exercise...circuit training or high impact aerobics....
  • CMXL
    Options
    L1D7. My weight loss has not shot up or anything so far. But it has been consistent over the time I have been working out and eating enough. But my endurance has gone up and I am able to sink deeper on squats and lunges. And the twenty minutes seem to fly fast:) In fact, I do more some days after my shred. Like today, I did thirteen minutes of kickboxing (which I love!) and 40 minutes of salsa dancing after my workout with Jillian. But as mentioned before, I have been strength training for over four months now.

I log it is as circuit training. I also try to match it with fitbit but I think a HRM would be a much better indicator. However, as circuit training, the calorie burn doesn't seem that high. From what I understand, the non-stop mixed workout means you continue to burn after you workout too.