Anybody Engaged and Trying to lose for the wedding?

Options
I am 5'5" and I weigh 188 lbs. I am getting married in September 2013 and I am trying to plan a wedding (stressful), work and lose weight before the big day. My goal weight is 140 lbs and my goal exercise is to be able to run several 5K's this year and complete a 1/2 marathon (running and walking) in November 2012. I need all the motivation that I can get. Add me as a friend if you are planning a wedding/recently engaged/ or are just an all around positive person! - TheRyanMeister

Replies

• littlelegs1983
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight to be a bridesmaid in June, and that is stressful enough lol!! Good luck :)
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July of this year and trying to lose.
  • TweedleDebo
    TweedleDebo Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well as you already know I am trying to lose because I don't wanna shop for plus sized wedding dresses. Not only is the selection smaller, but the prices are higher, too! I am so glad that we are going through this together!
  • Texasgirl1821
    Options
    I am right there with ya!! i have about 36 pounds i want to lose before i start dress shopping in June 2012 for my wedding April 2013!!!!!
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    i am trying to lose weight for my wedding on june 8th of this year.. i plan to lose at lest 20 lbs befor the wedding...
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Getting married this August!! Hoping to lose more arm flab since my dress hides everything else ;)
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Getting married in October. Losing weight for that and to just change my lifestyle overall.... :) Wedding planning is so exciting!
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am. I've got until June 2014 to do it.
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, not getting married but my best mate of 24 years asked me to be her chief bridesmaid so trying to lose weight for that. wedding is April 2013 so planning to lose the weight gradually and steadily so I can keep it off.

Setting myself mini goals and hope to have a stone of by the end of this month, 11lbs gone so far in 4 weeks.

Finding the weekends tough, not to snack but its hard especially with the boyfriend around
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 6 weeks on Saturday.

I started this journey exactly 1 year before the big day (April 28th 2011) at 192lb with the intention of losing about 20 lb through eating well. It went a bit better than expected and I lost 32lb and called it final goal weight at 160 on August 23rd.

Still wasn't happy though as I was now simply skinny rather than chubby. I wanted to be ripped! What to do? So I hit the weights. Did a round of P90x (yep, I did the full 90!) and completed that 11th December. During P90x I gained a few pounds of muscle and then cut off the excess fat. Set myself a challenge of a six pack for Xmas and completed that, although I had to drop a further 7lb to an all time low of 153 to get the abs to show through.

January rolled around and I'm thinking "what next?" So I started lifting bodybuilding style in the gym. I just finished my 2 month bulk where I intentionally got up to about 175 and I'm a week and a bit into my cut with the intention of getting my six pack back for the wedding day. Ireckon I'll be back at around the 160 mark in the end but probably about the same bodyfat percentage as I was at 153.

What does the future hold for me? Well I've got the bug now so I don't think I'm ever going to stop...

The morale? You can achieve and completely exceed all your goals! Set a goal then go all out to fulfil it. Once you've hit that goal, you better get moving on setting the next one. Goal after goal, you can completely change your body into something you never imagined was possible. All you gotta do is have willpower, dedication and tenacity.

Good luck!

Jay
  • Tara8238
    Tara8238 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have exactly a year to lose my weight. I am 5'1'' and weight around 170 right now. My ultimate goal is around 125-130. Good luck guys! Weddings can be stressful enough without having confidence issues in our bodies. But we are all beautiful and are lucky to have found partners who love us for who we are! :heart:
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I weigh 188 lbs. I am getting married in September 2013 and I am trying to plan a wedding (stressful), work and lose weight before the big day. My goal weight is 140 lbs and my goal exercise is to be able to run several 5K's this year and complete a 1/2 marathon (running and walking) in November 2012. I need all the motivation that I can get. Add me as a friend if you are planning a wedding/recently engaged/ or are just an all around positive person! - TheRyanMeister

Whoa! We're like the same person!

I'm 5'4" 186 - and my goal is 145 pounds. I also just got enaged (a little over a week ago) and am entering planning phases, still working full-time, etc. Oh, and I'm running my first 5k in April, with plans to run another in June!

I think I'm not stressing so much abou the "goal for the wedding" thing, though, because I started this weight loss & fitness/nutrition journey well before getting engaged...
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Not for my wedding, but for my 10 year anniversary. We're doing a recommitment ceremony, and I want to NOT be the size I was at Thanksgiving. My hubby loves me no matter what size I am, and rightly so because I'm awesome, but I spent the first ten years being fat. The next ten, or twenty, I want to be healthy, beautiful, and fit.
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    Im getting married Octomber 7, 2012!!!

SW:194
    CW:165
    GW:120
  • mirralozano
    Options
    im trying to lose weight for wedding in june and i did my first 5k about 3 weeks ago and planning on some more this summer
  • mirralozano
    Options
    and have been doing bootcamp classes they are amazing :happy:
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

End of September, and I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been. Boo. :sad:
    I'm just hoping for a 40-50lb loss, even though my UGW is closer to the 70ish mark.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im getting married Octomber 7, 2012!!!

SW:194
    CW:165
    GW:120

I'm getting married October 6th!

I'm not losing for the wedding but I will hopefully have lost a bit of weight by the time the wedding rolls around. Really, though, the wedding has little bearing on my choice to lose weight.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm ahead of the curve. Losing weight before I get engaged. Not that I have any immediate plans to do so. Just figure, "Why wait to slim down to look good for wedding photos. I want to look good no matter what!