Does age difference on Here, bother you? =)

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Do you like to have friends on here the similar age group as you? Or arnt you fusssed? :smile:

Im 19 years old, and theres not really many young people like me on here, im friends with a few that are either the same age, few years younger or few years older.. Most of my awsome friends are either a bit older than me, or a bit more older than me! But it doesnt bother me at all =) Its actually nice to have friends of all ages on here.

Soo, what do you prefer? :)

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I can relate better with people of a similar age between 18-26.
    But then again, half the time I don't even think of age on here. Its more about the support and if you feel that person could do with some motivation.

ALTHOUGHHHH, one thing I find motivational in a strange way... If a 60 year old is on here trying to lose weight and saying they have always yo yo dieted then it kind of pushes me not to give up as I don't want to spend the next 48 years "starting tomorrow" :D
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do like friends closer to my age, but I have a lot of friends older than me. It doesn't matter too much.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. I have a variety of friends in different age groups. For me, we're all on the same mission to get healthy, I'm motivated by the young and the older!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm a middle-aged woman stuck in the body of a 24 year old. I've always been this way - VERY mature for my age. I typically find it hard to bond with people my own age and to share their interests. It's always been the case, so I'm always more likely to get on with older people, online and off. That's the case here, too. I have a few friends similar age and disagree with many things they post and can't associate with them. I also have a lot of older women I find it easier to share experiences with.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, but I notice I tend to talk more to older people (24-40).
    So... Age doesn't bother me, personally.
  • flabby2fabby12
    Options
    ALTHOUGHHHH, one thing I find motivational in a strange way... If a 60 year old is on here trying to lose weight and saying they have always yo yo dieted then it kind of pushes me not to give up as I don't want to spend the next 48 years "starting tomorrow" :D

this is so trueee
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I'm 18 and it doesn't bother me. I like having older friends, though some aren't too much older than me. You're the closest age wise friend I have :)
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and age to me is irrelevant on here or in life. Some of my closest friends are in their 50's and some 60's. I have always, since I was a child, been more comfortable around older people. My husband is 47, for example. I have always been older and more mature and have a very hard time relating to people my age.
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    I HAVE FRIENDS OF ALL AGES, I GEL WITH THE OLDER ONES AS WE ARE SIMILAR AGES BUT I ALSO GET ON GREAT WITH THE YOUNG ONES AS I HAVE DAUGHTERS WHO ARE 16-21.
    ALL SUPPORT IS GOOD, NO MATTER WHERE FROM AND SOMETIMES DIFFERENT AGES HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS ON THINGS WHICH IS INTERESTING.
    I LOVE HAVING YOU AS A FRIEND SOPH, ON MFP, TWITTER AND BBM, I FEEL LIKE WE RELATE QUITE WELL EVEN THO OUR AGE GAP IS HUGE X
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all. I actually prefer it. All my MFP buds have their own unique personalities and all of them bring something different to the table. So for me personally, it's better to have people from different walks of life that can share their experiences with me, fitness-related and not fitness-related. That way, I have all sorts of POV's and not just one that resembles my own.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do you like to have friends on here the similar age group as you? Or arnt you fusssed? :smile:

Im 19 years old, and theres not really many young people like me on here, im friends with a few that are either the same age, few years younger or few years older.. Most of my awsome friends are either a bit older than me, or a bit more older than me! But it doesnt bother me at all =) Its actually nice to have friends of all ages on here.

Dont you know it little layyyydeeee!!

You are an awesome support to me and I am wayyyyyy older, almost could be a granny!! lol Keep going as you do and will catch ya soon.xx
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    in real life my age gaps tend to be larger than online. usually my friends are 18,19 or in their late 20's-late 30's.

Online, my close friends tend to be only a couple years younger or older or the same age. :) doesn't bother me though, people are people.

EDIT: On mfp my friends are all ages haha.
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    I have "friends" around my age here, but in real life I have 2 grown daughters and seem to relate well to their age group.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I HAVE FRIENDS OF ALL AGES, I GEL WITH THE OLDER ONES AS WE ARE SIMILAR AGES BUT I ALSO GET ON GREAT WITH THE YOUNG ONES AS I HAVE DAUGHTERS WHO ARE 16-21.
    ALL SUPPORT IS GOOD, NO MATTER WHERE FROM AND SOMETIMES DIFFERENT AGES HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS ON THINGS WHICH IS INTERESTING.
    I LOVE HAVING YOU AS A FRIEND SOPH, ON MFP, TWITTER AND BBM, I FEEL LIKE WE RELATE QUITE WELL EVEN THO OUR AGE GAP IS HUGE X

hehehe, thanks!! :) i dont even realise the age gap if im honest! i think cos were all in the same boat trying to get fit and healthy i dont really think of age. i just thought id start a thread and seee what other people have to say about it... oooh n dont forget facebook! ;) x
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends that say their age is 69. Although it's cool I doubt they are 69. They look to be more in their 20's or 30's. Hell maybe they just keep their bodies in amazing shape i don't know. I guess I like em 69:drinker:
  • xSophia19
    Options

Dont you know it little layyyydeeee!!

You are an awesome support to me and I am wayyyyyy older, almost could be a granny!! lol Keep going as you do and will catch ya soon.xx

awhhh, love you tooo!!! dont ever leave me! ;) x
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    It doesnt matter to me :smile:
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm young too(:
    barely 18. lol
    I don't mind the different ages. I love the support and motivation. I don't care where it comes from.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I'm 18 and it doesn't bother me. I like having older friends, though some aren't too much older than me. You're the closest age wise friend I have :)

ooh really? :) Ive got a few friends the same age, as me but not many lol..
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you can add me (: