the stare down

Options
iheartfruits
iheartfruits Posts: 15 Member
how do you guys feel about people staring at you ?

i was in the lift the other day and this guy kept staring and staring, looking up and down, left to right ! i told him politely "i am uncomfortable with you staring so much" and he said "hmmppfff ok" and gave me a dirty look - as though i was insulting him for not allowing him to stare!!!!! isnt that funny !!!!!

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

i was in the lift the other day and this guy kept staring and staring, looking up and down, left to right ! i told him politely "i am uncomfortable with you staring so much" and he said "hmmppfff ok" and gave me a dirty look - as though i was insulting him for not allowing him to stare!!!!! isnt that funny !!!!!

I love when people stare at me. I always win the stare game. Just look them in the eyes until they are uncomfortable and they look away, it's never failed me.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hell that's the fun of going to the gym. To people watch, I watch dudes and some watch me. We do the nod with some I see often. Never spoken to anyone though.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options

I love when people stare at me. I always win the stare game. Just look them in the eyes until they are uncomfortable and they look away, it's never failed me.

Depends on what kind of staring it is...........if its creepy or if its more of a glare like they are pissed off at you when you've done nothing to them then I would feel totally uncomfortable and want to get away from them as soon as I could. If its a nice kind of staring........for instance, if someone was staring and you looked at them to inquire why they were staring at you and all they did was smile back, then that would be awesome.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    the creepster stare? I'm SO ~down~ for it.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I want to experience that someday.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I dont mind...so long as they dont slap me on the *kitten*...
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I dont mind...so long as they dont slap me on the *kitten*...

see, that is actually the next step i hope for.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I get stares all the time, but then again I have a wardrobe that consists of stuff like headbands with teacups on them and jewelry made from food utensils. If I'm in a fair mood I'll look right at them, grin like mad, and wave. If I'm pissy I'll ignore it or do what I did to a guy at a concert and explain the finer details of cannibalism.

Seriously people can take you in with one glance, maybe two. Staring's just asking me to charge you money for looking.
  • iheartfruits
    iheartfruits Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i love this! we need to start charging !
  • gemmaldavies
    Options

i will try this!!! lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This works for me too. You just have to be really bold.
  • jenncazares
    Options
    I always think it's when they STOP staring is when i'll be concerned!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    depends....I LOVE GOOD STARES(makes me feel hot after so much weight loss)....Even though it is rude as long as they don't touch...WHATEVER!!!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    My neighbor used to not just stare, but glare at me. He'd stand in front of his house and stare at me while I walked around the block or over to the pool. He got cursed out the first time. And every time after that I'd say, "'Da fck are you lookin' at?" in my NY accent. He'd stop then.

Even in my new neighborhood, people are so closed in and to themselves they don't realize they're staring and being rude. If it goes on too long, I just look right at them sometimes, and say, "What?" Either that or I go overboard the other way and say "WELL HELLO! HOW ARE YOU?!"

If you're gonna stare, then at least smile and look away when you get caught. That's all. Don't stare, not say anything and then wonder why you get challenged. Where I come from, you look at someone that way and you will find yourself in a fight.