I am new & would love to have someone to talk to!

Options
Hi- I JUST joined and want to get started getting healthier. I would be grateful to anyone who can give me advice and tell me more about the site and their experiences with it. I would also like to know how to get the most out of the site-Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Replies

• EDeniseW
    EDeniseW Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi- I JUST joined and want to get started getting healthier. I would be grateful to anyone who can give me advice and tell me more about the site and their experiences with it. I would also like to know how to get the most out of the site-Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 4 weeks new, and really enjoying it! I don't know what else to tell you (mail if you have questions) but you will see amazing success stories if you check out some profiles - 25,50,75lbs lost! It's so inspiring! The support from people on here is incredible!

Best of luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • hayomar1995
    Options
    Welcome!! Lots of luck!!
  • ntumparov
    ntumparov Posts: 15
    Options
    Dear Denise,I`ve been a member since Nov.1st 2007.This site really works.I`ve never really lost much weight by myself.I diligently follow my calorie counter,watching fat,carbs.sodium etc.My weight when I started this was 212 pds.I wanted to lose 12 pounds before Feb.I not only lost 12 pds,but felt so good I went down to 190 pds..I use this counter daily,updating weight ect.It has keeped me at my weight since March 4th 2008.This has really been a great tool.Sincerely,Nick t.
  • 1347debba
    1347debba Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome to MFP . you will love this , it takes some doing to log info , but well worth it. We are all here for you .
    I am new also , just a few days and getting results . I am so happy for this website and it is FREE , OMG
    1347Debba
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site rocks! I have tried sooo many tactics before and never managed to stay on track - this site does it for me and a lot of other people.... make sure that you track your food everyday and everything that you eat - that alone helps with keeping you accountable for what you are eating. When you need support/motivation just sent out a post and we'll all be here for you...

Good luck!
    Patricia
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We're all cheering for you!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I am only on my second week here, but I love it. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I lost 3.5 pounds already and this site really makes me want to do it. Check out the exercise message board. I have actually been motivated to do crunches and push ups. The people on here are really doing some awesome workouts. Very motivating. :smile:
  • heavenluv
    heavenluv Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! Well today is my first day and would love to meet others that have stuggled with weight. I'm a mother of 4 boys and married for almost 16 years. When I got married i was 126 lbs. After my pregnancies still only 126 then woke up one morning and was 180 from there the weight just kept adding on . Now i just can't get motivated. My cousin and I were going to the gym and I was losing but then we stopped. First of the year we were talking about going back and then found out she was pregnant. So I lost my buddy system.:sad:
  • EDeniseW
    EDeniseW Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for your reply to my post- just wanted to say I can relate to not having the motivation-LOL! I know that both of us can do it though. Hope to hear from you again soon, Take Care!!