Help! Ideas? Tips?

Options
So ive been eating super heathy (ithink? lots of fruits and veggies!) I seem to loose weight being approx 158 then a week later im 166? Anyone no why? Or got any tips for eating habits?

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well...have you been logging what you eat in your food diary? If so, how many calories a day are you eating compared to your goal? And if you're logging and you're staying around your calorie goal, the first thing I'd do is make really sure that you are logging accurately. Make sure you're measuring your helpings so you know exactly what's going in your mouth. Bottom line is if you're eating a lot more than your body is using up you won't lose weight. If you ARE doing all of that then I would say stick with it for a few weeks and you should start to see a gradual weight loss pattern. For women, sometimes the hormonal cycle will cause us to gain weight quickly during one part of the month and then lose it quickly in another part. Give it a bit more time and see how you do. Good luck!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary and I can give you more concrete advice. But going by your 'I think?' comment, I assume you aren't logging. You need to log in order to track and see progress.
  • caitlinmaryjean
    caitlinmaryjean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1200 i eat 1000 to 1400 a day depending. but illw eight myself a few days in a row and be about 157 then a week later be 166! its weird! But i never thought of the hormonal cycle and how that could affect
  • caitlinmaryjean
    Options
    how do i open it?
  • caitlinmaryjean
    Options
    when i use the mysitness pal app n my cell phone it gives me more details like vitemine c, protein sugar amounts. I eat alot of fruit and go over my sugar consuption alot! maybe this is affecting it
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It could be. For some people a calorie is a calorie, but for others they really have to watch those things. I personally don't, but then again I'm plateauing right now so maybe I shouldn't say anything! :) If you still want to open your diary so people can see it you can click the Settings tab on the homepage and then find where it says Diary Settings. I think that's where you do it.