What you love at the gym!

Options
I see that every week or so a "what you hate about the gym" post pops up and quite frankly I am kind of sick of it. So at the advice of one of the people who responded to my "stop complaining on a post about complaints I am posting a new kind of thread. I am sure its been done before but what the heck.

What I love about the gym -

This particular place asks you once about personal training you say no, they log it they never ask you again!

They have a really nice juice bar !

Last week while I was boxing the instructor came up to me and offered me some advice with no charge and has dramatically improved my stance and delivery on strikes!

Its open until 11pm

Most people at night are hard working people and work out seriously and I rarely get all the people doing what the complainers are complaining about on mfp and its a big chain gym-

I love my gym...

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Scopin' out the hotties.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You should prolly ask about the gyms name too so we might be able to look it up if its a good gym!

I used to be part of snap fitness last year and I loved it. open 24 hours, the staff was helpful even though the staff had short hours. My trainer who trained me for a few months is on my facebook and answers anything I free of charge (ofcourse I dont abuse it but still nice to have it there).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate my gym except that I love the way I feel when I'm done lifting. I get that big rush and feeling of GRRR... despite being exhausted.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I love spin.

that's all.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't have to take up space in my tiny house with cardio machines. I can go, use it and leave it there!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    -My gym is free
    -The weights
    -Treadmill and Elliptical
    -Sometimes looking at some of the cute guys lifting weights ......... So I can learn to perfect my form ;)
  • Abbdul
    Abbdul Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i just love working out , gym does not matter untill it has free weights and a treadmill
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I love that I can workout at my gym for free. I love that even the classes are free. We don't have personal trainers in the sense that you pay for one and get one-on-one time but there are people around who will show you what to do, give body fat tests, give you a workout log to work from, etc. No one bugs you but if you need support, it's easy to ask for it.

I miss having an indoor pool and they dont have accessories in the locker rooms like some of you have but other than that, it's really a good gym. They do have massage therapists you can book an appointment with (not free) and a juice bar so you can have that protein drink afterwards. Naturally the juice bar isn't free BUT I love how available the nutrition information is. They've compiled a nifty book and if you want the actual product to scan, that's not a problem either (apparently I'm not the only one).

As for water aerobics, they do have a space at a pool off site where they offer free classes.

For parents there is a cardio room where your child can play behind a gate while you work out. It's not the same as a full day care but it is a nice option.

Also, they have so many cardio machines, I've never been in there and had to wait. Of course I don't go right after working hours either. The weight room can get a little crowded at times but there are enough machines that you can find other options while you wait.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    24 hours and it has bumper plates! I'm also allowed to grunt if I have to and no alarm will sound.
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I go to Gold's Gym and I love it! There is always a machine and it is not super crowded. But my favorite part is the group classes because it isn't just plain old aerobics and cardio. It is tough and some of the classes includes weights. I feel like I have a trainer without having to dish out hundreds of dollars!!!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY GYM!!

Everyone is just so nice and HAPPY to be there! Plus there is a indoor pool!! So those days you're just kinda sore or maybe a little tired to do cardio, you can relax with a nice swim....in a heated pool!!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Spinning classes :flowerforyou:
  • himmesbe
    himmesbe Posts: 3
    Options
    I love spin and Pilates. Although they are so different they are so much fun in their own way.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love that when I walk in, they greet me by name. Same thing when I leave.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I love my gym because even though there are so many serious people there (fitness competitors, MMA fighters, wrestlers, athletes) no one seems to have any kind of attitude. It's a very friendly place.

I also just generally love working out!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The powerlifter who is taking me under his wing.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have both a membership at a local gym and Jazzercise.
    I like the gym, but I love Jazzercise!
    What I love about Jazzercise is the positive and friendly atmosphere. I like that they have so much variety in the music; all genres are represented, and new music every 10 weeks. I like that the instructors are friendly and help me with modifications when I need them, (knee problems). I love that there is a mix of fitness levels and ages; you don't have to be "already fit" to attend, but even the very fit can get a workout. Finally I love that my location offers so many classes; I can almost always catch a class.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Topless muscly men playing basketball :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    -occasionally catching a girl glancing at me
    -lifting as much weight as guys who weight 30lbs more than me
    -everyone has been very friendly
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    I love squatting over 500 pounds for sets of 20 and the owner of the gym telling me that if I go up in weight I could possibly fall through the floor. I love doing sets of 10 with the 1 rep records when I go to a new gym. I love watching scrubs stare at me while I do twice their weight.

IF THE BAR AINT BENDING, YOU ARE JUST PRETENDING.

STOP STARING, START LIFTING.