Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AWESOME Herbed Chicken Parmesan

NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
OMG, I bought some new Cooking Light special magazines and finally tried a new recipe. This was so darn good I cannot believe it. Pretty healthy too! I made mine with gluten free bread crumbs of course and a few different cheeses i.e. Parmesan, romano, & asiago mix instead of plain parmesan and italian cheese blend instead of provolone. I also used Barilla Marinara sauce. This was so darn good!

4-6oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup (1.5 oz) grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 large egg white lightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
cooking spray
1 3/4 cup fat free tomato basil pasta sauce
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (1.5 oz) shredded provolone cheese

1. Preheat broiler
2. Place each chicken beat half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap: pound to 1/2 inch thickness with a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. (I use a gallon zip lock bag-less messy)
3. Combine 2 T parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and basil in a shallow dish. Place the egg white in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white: dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan: cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside; keep warm.
4. Combine pasta sauce, vinegar, pepper and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap: vent. Microwave sauce mixture at high 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan and provolone cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil, and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.

Yield 4 servings
Calories 376
Fat 12.2g
Sat 5.8g
Mono 2.1g
Poly 0.7g
Protein 50g
Carb 14.2g
Fiber 2.1g
Cholesterol 121mg
Iron 2.8mg
Sodium 813mg