BEST cardio exercise?

Options
Just wondering what you all think is the best, most effective cardio exercise for weight loss? I run, spin and box. Anyone else have something else they think is best? Just curious!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    best cardio is the one you like to do:)
    Personally, I run and love step aerobics.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I agree with mazur. I don't think anyone should be doing something they don't enjoy.

I enjoy cycling, wind blowing in my face after a hard ride up hills. Can really feel the burn on your legs when going up hills and that's what I enjoy, knowing that if I get to the top or get closer each time, I am getting better and stronger.

I've done jogging before, I will most likely get back into it. I like listening to my music and looking at the view. I like feeling the burn when going up hills, just like cycling, but it's obviously going to take me a bit longer while jogging.
  • jcmk87
    jcmk87 Posts: 57
    Options
    Spinning and swimming
  • mattjolsen
    Options
    HIIT > cardio for fat loss!

For me, usually running (sprints and slow jogging) is the ticket.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Best cardio is the one you are most likely to do.

Best for weight loss is eating better.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I probably have to agree with the HIIT (high intensity interval training). I do intervals on the treadmill - one min walking, one minute running super fast (not as fast as I can, because I try to repeat the set 10 times for 20 minutes)... and I burn way more (around 275 rather than 200) than I would if I had just been jogging at a more moderate pace. I find that it's the same for classes I take (HIIT burns more) and when I'm on other equipment, like the elliptical, bike, etc. And my personal trainer says it's the best, too. So who knows? It definitely kicks your butt!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    zumba and running are my cardio workouts of choice!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    best cardio is the one you like to do:)

Agreed, you have to like it, and it has to be maintainable so you can make it part of your lifestyle.

Mine is an elliptical, it has always been my favorite, i like how it shapes my body. I finally kicked the gym membership to the curb & bought one for the house. :heart: it
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    There's really no one best cardio exercise. What's best is what you like the most, because if you like it you're more likely to do it regularly. For me, it's running. I love running!
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Full-court basketball...
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My favorite is running and the eliptical for the days I need a running break.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another vote for whichever you enjoy the most and are more likely to continue doing.

I started running because I knew it was good for me and was probably more surprised than anyone when I found that I loved it (I'd hated running when I was a kid) but I also bike, swim, and row because I enjoy them too.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone on the fact that anything that you like is good cardio. I walk/run and do Insanity at the moment :)