How did YOU lose belly fat????

Options

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting down on bad carbs and I have really noticed a difference. I've been doing the Chris Powell 'High Carb/Low Carb' diet and I have been pretty happy with the amount my muffin top has shrunk.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose in my legs! I am losing in my belly first. I always do. Actually at this point that is fine because I need to fit in my wedding dress and the area I need to lose is my belly. I just wish the fat on my legs would go away! I am pear shaped so now I am looking even more pear like!

Everyone loses weight differently. I don't think you can pin point weight loss, but you could so some strengthening/toning by doing sit ups maybe.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    The belly is the last to go the the first to notice if I gain. It will happen. Keep up the good work.

True for me also
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Only perseverance. You are on the right track. Just be patient.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Running is NOT the best thing, I repeat not the best thing. Nor is cardio!

Let me explain: this CAN work for some people but for many it doesn't. That's because steady state cardio isn't particularly good at getting rid of fat compared to other activities.

Ultimately, you need to lower your body fat percentage. Some of the best ways to do that are to eat clean and lift heavy. There's a lot of articles I could paste here but I find most people don't read them anyways. Message me if you're interested.
  • AActon28
    AActon28 Posts: 32
    Options
    As mentioned earlier, you cannot target areas for fat loss because your body will burn it from everywhere; however, your body preferentially stores and accumulates fats in the stomach area to protect organs, etc. It is the hardest fat to lose, but it will slowly disappear with continued healthy habits.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose in my legs! I am losing in my belly first. I always do. Actually at this point that is fine because I need to fit in my wedding dress and the area I need to lose is my belly. I just wish the fat on my legs would go away! I am pear shaped so now I am looking even more pear like!

Everyone loses weight differently. I don't think you can pin point weight loss, but you could so some strengthening/toning by doing sit ups maybe.

The stair master and lunges/squates etc helped me lose in my legs a lot :)
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Belly fat has always been the hardest for me! I lose my boobs then my chin then my legs and arms but my belly always takes forever! Let me know if you find anything that works!

Oh and for legs if you have bad knees or have trouble doing lunges try water lunges! The burn isn't as good as regular lunges but there is less impact on the knees and you will find you can do more to make up for the intensity. Just concentrate on form. I find doing these with a set of water resistance weights helps tone my arms and legs with much less stress and pain!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Running is NOT the best thing, I repeat not the best thing. Nor is cardio!

Let me explain: this CAN work for some people but for many it doesn't. That's because steady state cardio isn't particularly good at getting rid of fat compared to other activities.

Ultimately, you need to lower your body fat percentage. Some of the best ways to do that are to eat clean and lift heavy. There's a lot of articles I could paste here but I find most people don't read them anyways. Message me if you're interested.

I reapeat running might not be the best solution for YOU, but for a lot of people on here it seems to work
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been running marathons for 5 years, lots of miles, over 50/week at peak marathon training. At first when i was running long and slow, I lost about 15 or 20 lbs, but then plateaued. But to be truthful, I was eating whatever the hell I wanted, prob over 3000 cals a day on average. Being diligent about whats coming in and cross training with weights is beginning to show some results with scale and BF%. Best thing is to do several activities, try to do an hour a day six days a week with weight training mixed in and watch what you put in your mouth...
  • AActon28
    AActon28 Posts: 32
    Options
    It's also important to note that the majority of fat cells will never disappear, only shrink. It takes far more energy for your body to perform apoptosis (complete cell removal) than to expell some cellular contents. If you have excessive pre-existing belly fat, like me, it will never turn into a tight, thin, completely fat free area. Lipo is the only way to achieve this but it is often not a perfect solution.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but eat well, drink water, and exercise (including strength training) for a healthy, strong body all over.

I shed 19.5" off my waist (more than any other part of me, although I've lost a total of over 100" all over), but that's where my body decided to lose it. Everyone is different.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My belly is the bain of my existance...
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The belly is the last to go the the first to notice if I gain. It will happen. Keep up the good work.

agree.. just keep going!
    3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm 46 and living this "belly fat" thing for the first time in my life. I've finally found a combination of factors that are hlping me lose pounds, but not inches off my waist.

Pretty much my whole life, I've had a flat, flat, flat stomach. In the past, when I've had body fat measured with calipers, it was difficult to even pull enough belly skin to measure...it was that tight.

Now it's as though I have a little pillow on my front, and nothing seems to be reducing it. I do at least 45 minutes of treadmill per day (but often over an hour), plus targeted ab workouts every second day. I do some ballet pretty much every day. I lift weights every second day. I've been working out for about 5 months now, and losing weight for the past 3 months (since I learned I was insulin resistant, and started treating that). But I haven't lost any inches off my waist since I started measuring, about 2-3 months ago. Despite a measurable amount of weight loss, my clothes aren'y noticeably looser. They aren't tighter, but it's not as though I need to go down a size.

It's baffling, but I'm tweaking my diet fuirther, and trying a few new things to see if they will help me lose more inches, not just overall weight.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup last thing to go for me too! I am now 14.7% bf and I still have some on my stomach that hasnt left. However I did find out I have a hernia and diastatsis recti (abs muslces have huge gap) and am having it repaired next month!
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!!!! im soooo impatient ;)
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, but what really seems to work for me is anything higher impact -- running, Zumba, now Body Attack. I joke that it shakes the gut loose but it's probably just because that works me that much harder.
  • Nhh2012
    Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing helps suck the waist in. After a single workout u can tell that it holds the gut in more. Also, throughout the day hold your gut in for a minute. I try that 2-3times a day. I agree it is the last to go-that is my problem area too.
  • Nhh2012
    Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add for me planks give me the most significant change in my belly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!