couples massages.
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump! nice topic!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Sexy nekkid pic session! Those are ALWAYS fun!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but going wine tasting is sooo fun :-) and if you're in a nice area, the drive is half the fun
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Go for a long hike to a destination, like a lake or a peak. Pack a lunch and make an entire day of it! That is one of my favorite things to do in the summer with my hubby! Get out in nature and get some good exercise in!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I love bowling and putt-putt with my husband. Keeps you off your butt and has some fun only-slightly competition involved.
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Our area has a glow minature golf or outside minature golf. We also did the bowling thing and last night did Wii bowl at home. Going to a Japanese steak house where they cook in front of you might be fun. Not exercise, but neat anyways. : )
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I bought a hot air balloon package off of groupon...neither of us had done it before and it was something out of the ordinary for us. It was romantic which was nice but we had major fun just being foolish with each other. We've been together 11 years and married 7 with a very active kid so we get stuck in the mundane from time to time also.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Dancing, attending a local festival, car-boat-RV-craft- show, take a class or some lessons together, camping, ballgame, walk around a local high school track- it's a great way to catch up together and also get exercise. Swimming, bicycling, skiing...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lots of nice ideas. I'll check back for more. Like the ice skating idea! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love bowling and putt-putt with my husband. Keeps you off your butt and has some fun only-slightly competition involved.

Amazing photo! X
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Bowling! Hubby and I went a couple weeks ago and I burned 240 cals!

Take up Geocaching!! www.geocaching.com - its like treasure hunting with a handheld GPS. It is something you can do any season of the year and it involves walking/hiking (burns calories!!), takes you to a LOT of new places you might not normally go and it is FUN with a capital F-U-N.

Go to the library and find books on new hobbies the two of you might want to get into.

Visit museums or art galleries, these involve lots of walking and LOTS of time to talk and enjoy each other's company.

Hot new sport lately (at least here in the midwest) is Frisbee Golf!! Tons of fun and super cheap! All you need to do is buy the frisbee set to play (about $20). A lot of public parks are putting in the equipment so its FREE to play!

Until the weather warms up, hubby and I workout together at the gym, but accept for work, we do everything together.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    1. Recover your youth and go Roller Skating or Ice Skating
    2. Go to the Zoo
    3. Miniature Golf
    4. Moonlight walks
    5. Movie at home
    6. Play games together
    7. Join a sports team together

that is all I can think of
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There is a website I love to go to when I'm looking for ideas... it's called thedatingdivas.com. They have all kinds of ways for spouses/SO's to show love to their "better half"...
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Paintball!! I love it! My boyfriend is much more ninja than me on the field but I'm faster! :laugh: He materializes out of nowhere sometimes but has to catch me first! We do that, the batting cages, mini golfing, the aquarium, the zoo, trails (even though we're in Florida and the trails are really like flat dirt paths lol), horseback riding (he watches, I ride lol), bowling, the drive-in, shooting range, paddle boarding, jet skiing, fishing, and sometimes at our university or at a local park, they'll be screening a movie outside so you can check for those and have a picnic :smile:
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! I live in the Boston area. Keep those date ideas coming!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have to highly recommend the drive-in movie when the weather gets warmer. We pack a picnic, a blanket, a battery operated radio and a bottle of wine. So much fun and you get to be outdoors, under the stars and see a movie. They are usually double features so I've ended up watching a couple of movies I never would have gone to see but it turned out I lOVED them The bonus is that is is SO much less expensive than a regular movie and they don't discourage/forbid you to bring in outside food and drink so you can make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want!

Editing this now that I see you live near Boston. I just moved to MA and this is a website that I used to find drive-ins near here. Haven't checked to see if any of them still exist, but I will as soon as the weather gets a little warmer.

http://www.driveinmovie.com/MA.htm
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you're into outdoor activities, geocaching is amazing. It's basically an outdoor treasure hunt.

http://www.geocaching.com/
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I also found this company that does all kinds of kayaking/paddling activities. They have some interesting looking guided tours around the Boston Harbor, etc.

http://www.paddleboston.com/tours/tours.php