what do you order when you have sushi?

Options

Replies

• TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The spicier the better! Alaskan Roll, Boston Roll, Dragon Roll! OH YEAH! Extra spicy!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Miso soup, sashimi and sometimes edaname. I ask for no rice.
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    oooh its my favourite, so miss good sushi (I live in the UK at the mo so no sushi).
    salmon sashimi is my favourite. miso soup. Just steer clear of any tempura which is fried.

Where in the UK are you cos we have Yo! Sushi restaurants all over and I am sure that if you look you can find a little independant Sushi bar :)

As I don't have sushi very often I tend to just order what I like , my favourite is Takoyaki (octopus dumplings) but Tuna sashimi is really yummy too!! I would only have a few dishes with rice and then make up the rest of your meal with raw fish or veggie dishes, not forgetting your miso soup and pickles!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Spicy salmon... mmm... I also love sashimi. Although really I've never met a sushi I didn't like :P
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    all sashimi and usually 1 caterpillar roll
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sashimi! A bit of miso soup, some gomae aie (spelling) salad, and usually I indulge in ONE tempura shrimp handcone. YUM! Now you have me jonesing for sushi.
  • Cholbrook008
    Cholbrook008 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The sushi place we go to will do the Sashimi bowls with bean sprouts instead of the rice and it is really yummy.
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I usually don't worry about sushi! I love sushi and eat in on my cheat days. I like the spicy tuna, spider roll (softshell crab), unagi (eel).

I say if you're going to eat it....claim this day as a cheat day and order whatever you want, then get back to the program tomorrow.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I east sushi pretty frequently, although I'm a big fan of the raw stuff. It really depends on how many calories I have left.

If not a lot, I'll typically order a spicy octopus or spicy tuna salad (and I make sure they make the spicy with chili sauce, not the spicy mayo stuff). You can also add in miso soup, sunomo (cucumber) salad, wakame (seaweed salad) and share some edamame. Like others said - some sashimi too.

If I have a lot of calories left, I will still order a salad, and then one raw roll with raw fish on top - maybe some veggies inside. One of these rolls has between 500-750 calories depending on the size (each sushi restaurant is different - a raw roll will raw fish on top which is smaller and about 8 pieces will be closer to 500 - but a lot of restaurants make these rolls bigger, so it's closer to 750). I also find that splitting one of these and ordering a raw fish salad and some soup or seaweed salad is a good calorie saver.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Mehhh.. depends on whether or not I'm worried about calories at that moment.

My top choices though are the..

-california rolls
    -eel and avacado
    -spider roll

There are more, but I don't remember their names.. just that they are 'gasms to the tastebuds.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    A fishing pole..... :tongue:
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    So many delicious ideas!!! I'm so excited for my dinner!! Thanks guys!!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm having an early sushi dinner tonight so I would like to know what others eat when you have sushi.

I'm skipping breakfast and having a very light fruit lunch so I'm not too worried about it but still curious :)

Thanks!! :)

Lots of Sashimi and veggie rolls.

Why are you skipping meals? Sushi is only high in calories if you eat fried or heavy sauces.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love pretty much any maki (roll) with tuna, eel, salmon and/or avocado and cucumber. One place I go to has a crunchy salmon roll that's to die for! It comes with tempura and salmon roe. YUM!
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ask for brown rice instead of white rice
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having some as I type this! My local sushi place has a great lunch deal, so I get one cucumber avocado, one veggie and a cup of miso soup.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Mmm mmm, I love california rolls! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Kappa (cucumber) roll. I just really like those. Other rolls tend to have mushy stuff in them and the texture grosses me out.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Lots of Sashimi and veggie rolls.

Why are you skipping meals? Sushi is only high in calories if you eat fried or heavy sauces.

I know it can be healthy but I love me some spicy mayo and cream cheese mmmm and we will possibly be sharing some fried calamari
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The last time I went for sushi, this is what I ordered

IMG_0022-1.jpg

You'll notice that no one is using the seat across from me, I was flying solo