Do you recognize yourself?

Options
rubysphoto
rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
Kind of silly but do you take notice at times of your reflection and take a second look because you did not recognize yourself from the weight you had loss?

Today walking in walmart I was walking by the refrigerated section and looked at my reflection on the doors and had to take a second look. LOL

Wow that was me!! yeah I walked even taller and head up high.....

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    One time I did in the grocery store. They have cameras at the end of every aisle with the monitor showing the aisle. I always dreaded those before, "don't look up" was what I usually told myself.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't look even remotely like the same person. It's very odd.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    All the time--I'll take a photo of myself and be like "WOW. I'm so tiny!" even though I'm looking into the mirror the entire time.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I had a milestone moment when I was on an escalator in a mall. Malls ALWAYS trash mys self-esteem. The size 0 teen-agers and skinny jeans on mannequins.... Anyway, I caught the lower half of a reflection and thought "if I could just look like that I'd be happy". As the escalator kept moving, the reflection increased and I realized it was me! Wow - I was completely disconnected from how I actually look. When I didn't know I was looking at myself, I was so much kinder to myself. So, am I happy? Boy oh boy. Well, I try.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't look even remotely like the same person. It's very odd.

Holy Cow! Congratulations on your weight loss! Well done you!
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't recognize the new me. I started my weight loss last year on 4 April and am nudging 150 pounds lost. I always avoided looking in mirrors, and still find it difficult to do so, but when I do it takes me a second or to realize that IS me. There are very few photos of me as an adult, but I have one taken in December 2010 when I was over 400 pounds. It takes me a few seconds to realize that is me. I feel in limbo ~ not the old me anymore and not yet the new me I can't wait to be (80 pounds to go to goal).
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No. I have the opposite problem (though I just started so...give it time).
    I lost 10lbs and look in the window while window shopping and say to myself: "are you kidding me? I am *that* fat?".

Gotta start somewhere though...lol.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    In reflections yes, I don't think I look that different, but occasionally the children steal my phone and take pictures, and occasionally I have wondered why there are pictures of my sister on my phone, before realising it's me.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs and look in the window while window shopping and say to myself: "are you kidding me? I am *that* fat?".

Ditto! Can't wait to be on the other side of it!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Ditto! Can't wait to be on the other side of it!

That was me also before I started changing my habits. I would see that reflection and not realize how big I had become and now I am doing the opposite. In due time you will be there. :-)
  • Reneegetfit128
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I've had to tape pics of the "before" me onto the mirror in the workout room so that I can convice my brain that this IS indeed the way I look now. I am battling with who I have become vs what I looked like before. I'm starting to not recognize the fat girl in the pics more. *yay brain!*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!