Replies

• Leahnh
    Leahnh Posts: 30
    Options
    Bump
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I cook chicken breasts or soup on Sunday and then add different sauces to change the flavor during the week. When I am in a hurry I have a can of chunk chicken breast or tuna or preprepped veggie soup (my favorite is Hoppin' John with jalapenos!) I also pack leftovers from dinner the night before and occasionally I make a sandwich.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I'm making tomorrow's lunch tonight!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Loved this site! Some great ideas I will definitely use :)

Thanks for sharing!

OH MY!!!! I love that site!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I will make time to look it over this evening so that I can start working on new lunch ideas.... and the containers they sell = AWESOME!!!
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make my own wraps and fill with ham and salad. Tesco lighter choice wraps are only 135cal each so for 200 cal you can make a yummy big wrap :) x
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I usually have grilled chicken at home (for salads). Sometimes for lunch I will cut up some of the chicken (4-5oz) and bring it to work with a small box of Green Giant Garden Vegetable Medley.

Just steam the veggies, then add the chicken and it makes for a tasty chicken and veggie dish.

Good idea! I don't know why I never thought of that.
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EEWOO1025
    Options
    i have a great lunch.... Laughing Cow Cheese ( 35 cal) , and 3 Waspa flat bread ( 60 Cal) 1 small sliced apple(58) wedge style. so good, sweet, and salty, and crunchy.......
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options

This is great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • leahbhollifield
    Options
    Bump
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    On Sunday's I try and prep my lunches. If I have chicken, lettuce, and veggies then I make a few salads and put them in to-go containers. I also bring turkey sandwiches on bagel thins with veggies as a side. Not gonna lie sometimes I have a snack bag of chips with them.

I love leftovers. I love having chili, soups, or hotdishes as well.

I also have a whole area in our work fridge where I have pineapple, apples, clementines, yogurt, etc. I bring in a bunch of stuff and leave it here. We have a small enough office that I don't have to worry about people eating my food.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    one of my all time favorites : turkey pepperonis and a cheese stick = 150 calories you can have 17 pepperonis for 70 calories or up it to a 20 for around 100 calories. I eat the WW cheese sticks that are only 50 calories. if you want you could add some low calorie crackers but I like the Kelloggs Sea salt cracker chips :)
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas on this thread, thanks!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    *bump*

That's totally what I do! I also find that if I pack my lunch bag the night before with my snacks and everything, I am much more likely to just stay on track for the day! I also do all of my tracking in the morning or the night before and then make adjustments later. That way I know what kind of leeway I have for the day and I tend to not cheat or feel deprived at all.
  • 2swtdee
    2swtdee Posts: 14
    Options
    Spahgetti Squash it is really easy to make I belive it is about 45 calories. I like to use marinara sauce, and cheese, add tomatos it easy to make, different and pretty healthy.
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump....
  • 2swtdee
    2swtdee Posts: 14
    Options
    spaghetti squash which is about 45 calories, add marinara sauce, cheese. It's different, really easy, and pretty healthy.
  • Angiechastain
    Options
    There are actually some pretty good lean cuisines, smart ones, healthy choice etc meals out there. I have been sticking to them lately and I have always met my numbers that way. :)