first, tiny, maybe even a wee bit silly nsv for me

Options
Jweb8969
Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
okay, so i've lost just shy of 25 pounds and really haven't noticed any difference in my body at all ~ actually kind of a downer ~ but i tried on a pair of jeans this morning that are a size smaller than the ones i've been wearing - and easily buttoned and zipped them! so, not huge thing, but i have to say that i'm walking around feeling a little lighter in these jeans and now feeling more motivated to keep working so i can fit into other, smaller sized jeans that are still hanging optimistically in my closet!

it may seem a bit silly, but i was pretty psyched ~ :) ~ my dad used to say "you didn't gain it overnight - it's not gonna come off overnight" but sometimes the scale just seems to move sooooo sloooooowly. i'm going to try to focus on how my body is changing for the better - how i can already walk farther than i could before - and how much better i'm already feeling - OH ~ AND how great it feels to be in these jeans and how great it will feel to keep trying the smaller ones til they fit!

thanks for reading my first, tiny, maybe even a wee bit silly nsv!

Replies

• summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    that's a great nsv and I think a victory!
  • Jweb8969
    Options
    thanks!! i'm just trying to focus on the baby steps! LOL
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on your way to excellence. Also, I don't see how your NSV would be 'silly' at all. Newly fitting jeans that are a size smaller than the originals is always something to dance and shout about. If I may take it a little old school, 'YOU GO, GIRL!'
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Congrats!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thats a great feeling well done you. And 25lbs is a fab amount of weight x
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, keep up the good work.. and baby steps are good... looks like your stepping in the right direction..
  • Jweb8969
    Options
    :happy: thanks so much, everyone!! i get so much inspiration and motivation from posts on here, so i put this up in the hopes it would continue to motivate me and maybe someone else too! ~ i have such a long way to go, but little steps along the way like this one are great reminders for me! :happy:
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    not silly at all, it's AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    that nsv is not at all silly. in fact i have lost about 22 lbs but cannot fit into a smaller pair of jeans that is just waiting for me in my closet. hope it happens soon because the only pair i wear now are getting pretty thin in some spots. Soon....
    Great Job
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! 25lbs is nothing to sneeze at! And wearing new (old) jeans is the best feeling!
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way when I got my first pair of "motivation" pants on. I had used to be able to wear them easily when I lost weight before. Gained it all back and put the pants up! Several weeks into my start of this I tried them on and although tight..I got them on! Now I can get them on easily and I'm pushing myself to my next "motivation" pair! :) So no, I don't think it's silly at all! Great job..keep it up!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    ..... i tried on a pair of jeans this morning that are a size smaller than the ones i've been wearing - and easily buttoned and zipped them! so, not huge thing, but i have to say that i'm walking around feeling a little lighter in these jeans and now feeling more motivated to keep working so i can fit into other, smaller sized jeans that are still hanging optimistically in my closet!

it may seem a bit silly, but i was pretty psyched ~ :) ~ my dad used to say "you didn't gain it overnight - it's not gonna come off overnight" but sometimes the scale just seems to move sooooo sloooooowly. i'm going to try to focus on how my body is changing for the better - how i can already walk farther than i could before - and how much better i'm already feeling - OH ~ AND how great it feels to be in these jeans and how great it will feel to keep trying the smaller ones til they fit!
    Not at all silly, and IMO a big wonderful super NSV! :smile: Congratulations!! :happy:

Be able to walk further and feeling better ar also NSVs worthy of celebration. You deserve plenty of credit - you are rocking this thing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    your Dad sounds like a smart guy, and don't kid yourself this is a big deal, stay away from the scale, it's like you said it's all about how you feel. keep up the good work
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    Not silly at all, I've got a smaller pair of jeans that are calling my name and I can't wait to declare victory!! Congrats!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory! Well done you :)
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No NSV is silly... it is well-earned! Well done!
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job.... that must feel good !!! But.....whats "nsv" ? Anyone ? Sorry I am still new to this blog/board thing ! LOL !
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on your way to excellence. Also, I don't see how your NSV would be 'silly' at all. Newly fitting jeans that are a size smaller than the originals is always something to dance and shout about. If I may take it a little old school, 'YOU GO, GIRL!'
    +1

A smaller size is always exciting!
  • Jweb8969
    Options
    * thank you * :happy: * thank you * :happy: * thank you * to each of you!!

thanks for reading - and responding - and (most of all) for understanding and appreciating this small victory with me! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratz!!! that's a darn GOOD thing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!