IS MFP TOO MUCH LIKE FB????????

Options
DavetheHYNIC
DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
I'm just curious to what other people's myfitnesspal experience is like. I come on mfp to log my workouts in detail, encourage and only say positive things to my pals, log my food meticulously , also I don't LOL or cut up a lot, I try to steer clear of messy situations when I see them developing with other pals. Basically I'M HERE STRICTLY FOR BUSINESS AND FOR ME!! What percentage of your myfitnesspal experience is social and what percentage would you say is dedicated to health/fitness/diet related matters.

THANKS,
DAVE THE SUPER SERIOUS MFPER!

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You may be here for business but I love my group of friends and that I'm able to have stupid/silly/totally unfitness related conversations with them all day long. Keeps me from strngling people at work.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    does it matter? just use it what you want to use it for.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What da wha?
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :smile: Mine is not social at all! I am here for me and if i find people to keep me in check and i can do the same for them great but if not oh well! This site is just for a healthier life for me. I am sure you could find drama on here but i stay away! Hope it works out for you! :smile:
  • SexyForTheSummer
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, but the social interaction I have on MFP helps me keep motivated and help me motivate people I have come to know. Also, if you dont want to be here for anything that isnt you or buisness, don't add people on MFP, just keep it as a journal.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Exactly. You use your MPF for what you use it for. As long as you're getting the benefits from it, who cares if it's like Facebook?
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I AGREE!!! I'm on here mostly for fitness related reasons... if I want to talk to people and "cut up" then I have FB or friends at work for that.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I "know" all my MFP freinds from another forum...we are all (drama free) women..we are all awesome! LOL! I dont even have FB so I cant say its "like" it or not...but I am SUPER SERIOUS as well about my fitness goals...you can be super serious and have some fun at the same time!
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, but the social interaction I have on MFP helps me keep motivated and help me motivate people I have come to know. Also, if you dont want to be here for anything that isnt you or buisness, don't add people on MFP, just keep it as a journal.

^^ this.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Part of fitness is support. I'm here often doing more than logging food and exercise because I want to offer support. One of the things I noticed is how much I learn just by reading the threads!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    im-super.gif
  • PhDivaCarla
    Options
    YAY!! Having friends on MFP is awesome!! :love:
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You may be here for business but I love my group of friends and that I'm able to have stupid/silly/totally unfitness related conversations with them all day long. Keeps me from strngling people at work.

^^agreed.... However, I don't work... I'm a Stay at home mom and sometimes, it gives me the socialization I need from being constricted to my home. On facebook, I have friends but not many are health minded... Here, I am able to surround my self with at least people wanting to be healthy. Friends are the biggest influence, so having MFP friends I am encouraged and motivated :)
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What da wha?
    snot flying tonya lol

50% business
    50% social

Had to update this since i notice i've been on here for over an hour straight and i worked out this morning lol
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    does it matter? just use it what you want to use it for.

This ^
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do both but I had a "friend" I didn't know her at all and she posted every 5 mins about something stupid I didn't like that so I deleted her. That's what FB is for not here. I don't need to know what your doing every 5 mins. It's fine to have fun and joke around and post about your day but not every 5 mins.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The fun and personal makes the business side more bearable. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. It's much easier to consistently log in and track your food when you also want to see what your awesome pals are up to and not just workout wise. You should see some of the login streaks my friends have. It's amazing!
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    yes MFP is similar to FB... and my virtual friends ( i have very few) sometimes talk about other things in life beside health, which i dont mind becuase it's nice to know their backround and how i can help be a good motivation to their well being, physically and mentally, sometimes emotionally which all play into good health. sometimes i write about how my daughter so sick and dont have energy to go for a run and they suggest maybe somehing lighter.....:smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What percentage of your myfitnesspal experience is social and what percentage would you say is dedicated to health/fitness/diet related matters.
    Scientific studies have been performed...I spend 81.2% socializing and 18.7% logging food and exercise. The rest of the time is none of your business...
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    What da wha?

Right...has Dave's page been hacked? Hahaaa. :laugh: