2»

Replies

• 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Pyle PRHM38 - I ordered mine from Amazon for $25 with free shipping and it works great.
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also just recently got a Polar FT4. Amazon.com, about $60, free shipping. i ordered the women's size watch with the smaller chest strap. All fits great. Super easy to set up and use right out of the box. I am so glad I got it!
  • jessie_rose24
    Options
    I have the FT7 it really helps me log accurate calories when I am weight training, I wear it once or twice a week all day to stay mindful of what I am burning through out the day (have a very sedentary job). It was easy to set up and it's easy to use.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my Polar FT4(F) That I was told was one of the best. I was also told you don't want to get into an HRM that has to many functions or options because the printing on the screen becomes smaller and harder to read and they just simply aren't easy to navigate. So Polar FT4 is apparently one of the best! And Treadmill factory currently has them onsale for $79.99 instead of $125!!!

Good Luck in whatever you choose!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Comparing Polar FT4 to Polar FT7

FT7 allows you to view calories burned AS you are doing the work
    FT4 shows calories burned once you stop recording workout

This feature on FT7 makes it a better choice for me, because I can see how many cals I have burned and tell myself if I should aim for a higher burn, or stop now. I would be lost not knowing what the burn was mid-workout. I have a habit of not pushing myself and seeing the burn and making it go up is a great motivator for me.

My Polar FT7 was $85 from Amazon. Been using it for 15 months. Works fabulous.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 (women's). Best fitness related purchase ever!

^^^^
    This I love my Polar FT7!!! only $73, @ bodytronics.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I love my Suunto M4. It's tracks calories and suggests workouts and intensity for your chosen results.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump :)
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options
    With so many FT4 endorsements I just ordered one. Thanks folks.
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    I am also looking into a good HRM, but am wondering about the watch and chest strap lengths for the Polar FT4. Can anyone who has this let me know the length of the bands for the watch and chest strap? Mens or womens version. Thanks!

it says on the website that the length goes from 27" to 54"...its stretchy...hope this helps

Thanks! How about the watch band portion? Do you have one of the women's or mens? I have large wrists generally, and couldnt find anything online about the watch band length. Thanks!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Need Suggestions......

OK>>>>>>> GO!!!! :happy:

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa , Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:

I searched online and bought both of mine on heartratemonitors dot com and also found an online coupon for it and saved an additional $10.00 in addition to it being on sale at the time I purchased it :smile:

**** Actually I just checked their site and now the FT40 that I bought is now on sale for $116.47 with free shipping. I paid around $149.95 on sale when I got my FT40 so this is now a good price for anyone looking at the FT40 !

And for anyone looking at the FT7 (another popular HRM with members on here) - it is also on sale for $75.50 with free shipping !

The FT4 is on sale for $67.71 to 79.66 (depending on color purchased) with free shipping as well ****
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I really want a Polar FT 4 too!!!!
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

This feature on FT7 makes it a better choice for me, because I can see how many cals I have burned and tell myself if I should aim for a higher burn, or stop now. I would be lost not knowing what the burn was mid-workout. I have a habit of not pushing myself and seeing the burn and making it go up is a great motivator for me.

You can view your calorie burn during your workout with the FT4. You just push the top right button to scroll thru the screens. I do this and switch back and forth occasionally to view my current HR and my calories burned. It's easy and not a hassle. :)
  • KimsWeightloss
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 110 and I love it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

You can view your calorie burn during your workout with the FT4. You just push the top right button to scroll thru the screens. I do this and switch back and forth occasionally to view my current HR and my calories burned. It's easy and not a hassle. :)

Thanks for the info. I do not have an FT4 but a MFPal mentioned to me that she couldn't read current cal burn. I will let her know. :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 amazon for around 60 target for 93$
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options

My ft4 allows u to see how many calories u r burning while burning! I switch between that and my heart rate!