How many MFP friends do you have?

Options

Replies

• emmaonamission
    Options
    130ish, but a lot are inactive and I'm rarely online on my laptop to go through my list and sort through people (I usually use the MFP app on my phone). I talk to quite a few people but I sometimes find that there's not all that much activity going on...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i dont play well with others
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I have 49, I keep my cap at 50, and I delete after 7 days of inactivity... And, I talk to about 10 on a regular basis...
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have 35 and I interact with them all. I would rather have a few close friends on here that I can actually build a relationship with than have hundreds of friends and not really know any of them. This isn't facebook and it doesnt make me "cool" to have 300 people on my friends list. :)
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have 20, and would like more! I'm pretty new. The one's I have are fun and interesting. If you're interesting... add me!
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try not to go above 100. If I don't feel I connect with someone, I delete them. I want to be able to be a real encouragement to my friends, so I want to have something in common with them.

This. But my number is more like 10. Tempis fugit.
  • Mary067
    Mary067 Posts: 31
    Options
    I only have one right now. We already know each other and joined together.
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have 8, only 3 are actively using MFP. My friends here consist of my family and coworkers, so I generally talk to them when I see them.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I only have 22 because I think quality is more important than quantity.

^this
  • rtaddlowe
    rtaddlowe Posts: 70
    Options
    I have 4 but in reality I have many more because i consider anyone who has shared something valuable and helpful for me a friend. I have lots of imaginary friends HAHA
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    I only have 7 I think. I try to encourage and be supportive to each one of them in their efforts on a daily basis, as I have found that motivation helpful to me.

At one point I had a LOT of MFP friends and I just did not have the time to view food diaries and encourage each person. MFP started eating up too much of my time. Then I started feeling kind of pressured and guilty cause I didn't have time to encourage my friends individually so I avoided getting on altogether. Then, I got very sick for a while which was a handy excuse to quit.

I ended up leaving MFP for a time and when I came back I had lost most of my buddies. I just stuck with those that I still had that were till active and didn't seek more. I could probably use a few more interactive friends but I don't want to ever get over 20 again. That's more manageable to me.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    most people on MFP don't like me...so none
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

Wow, what makes you say that?
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options

Wow, what makes you say that?

I have posted things in the past that I thought were funny and people attacked me. I actually deactivated my 1st account b/c I thought I was being cyber bullied. With this new account I have tried to debate some and it went to heck in a handbasket. I am clearly way more annoying than I realized! Oops! :-) These days I am starting to post less and less of any consequence and mainly I just read.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have a lot and try to interact with most of them,they are all great people. :smile:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 100. I only delete if somone hasn't been on for a month. Figure people go on vacation and what not so I give them the benifit of a doubt. I have a group of about 25 that I chat with all day long, others that we only comment on our updates.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'm at 92 and I stay in touch with the fair majority of them, one way or another \m/
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I have to say I have Lot's & Lot's of MFP Family on here & Love EVERY single one of them.. I try and be part of their days daily, weather it be by post on my wall or just a simple text or hello.. But I Believe each of my friends know that I support them along their Journey and I am always available for them to message me if they need anything.. They are all Amazing Peeps but they know this for I do try and remind them of that Daily...

~Rachel~xoxo
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have forty right now, and that seems about right. I have an add, or a delete here and there, but I really try to interact with most people on my list.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    4. Three family members and a co-worker.