C25k and 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• lyoung0216
    Options
    Amanda : Level 2 was harder than 1 I thought. Not just because I was tired from doing level 1 first, but because the moves are a little more challenging. I thought the walk out push ups/planks were difficult. I really need to work on my upper body strength! I have never been able to do more than a few push ups and have never done an unassisted pull up. But anyway, I still enjoyed doing level 2 because it was a change up. The cardio is more intense too, with the jumping twist things that are supposed to work your obliques. Love a challenge though and I really like how Jillian keeps me focused and motivated. I actually enjoy her talking, it seems to go by faster than when I turn her off and listen to music. Today is my last day of Level 1, officially! What day are you on?
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amanda… Are your calves sore from running or 30DS? I need to watch those pre-packaged salads when shopping at Trader Joe’s… I brought one to work today (without reading the label… I hardly EVER do that) and I was sticker-shocked! Tomorrow, I am making my own salad.

Hi Alicia… I’m tired just reading your workout schedule. LOL I haven’t started the C25K yet, but I was wondering how to log it as well… I think separating the walk minutes from the jog minutes is probably the easiest. Btw, welcome. :smile:

lyoung… I remember the first two days of Level 1 and thought there was no way I could continue, but of course I did, and I am getting stronger every day. I’m the same way… I do 30DS first and a cardio session after.

ekball… I just finished Level 1 of 30DS, and I can’t say that I’ve had extended thigh pain… definitely after the workout, but the next day I usually felt fine. I hope your thigh feels better soon. :smile:

Time for my cardio workout! See you tomorrow...
    my calves are sore from the shred.. something about the jumping jacks and jump rope my right calve especially does not like :( still hurts but i'm just going to push through.. it can rest in 4 weeks for a week when im in turks and caicos.. got a mission right now lol.. yea... make your own salads at home.. i do on sundays.. i have a salad making operation.. lettuce, tom, cucumer, olives, sometimes i throw some walnuts in it.. the glad containers are great cause my salads are pretty much good all week.. i am not into the short cuts by perdue right now they are kinda eh.. so i think i'll grilled up and cut up my own chicken this week.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Amanda : Level 2 was harder than 1 I thought. Not just because I was tired from doing level 1 first, but because the moves are a little more challenging. I thought the walk out push ups/planks were difficult. I really need to work on my upper body strength! I have never been able to do more than a few push ups and have never done an unassisted pull up. But anyway, I still enjoyed doing level 2 because it was a change up. The cardio is more intense too, with the jumping twist things that are supposed to work your obliques. Love a challenge though and I really like how Jillian keeps me focused and motivated. I actually enjoy her talking, it seems to go by faster than when I turn her off and listen to music. Today is my last day of Level 1, officially! What day are you on?

I'm going to be on day 8 of level 1 today... My right calf and left hip were really bothering me so i took tuesday and wed off from all exercise... back to running and shredding today.I'm starting level 2 on monday going to finish level 1 sat and sun cause i have too much going on tomorrow to work out between work til 8 and then plans after that.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

I have today and tomorrow on Level 1 then I move on to Level 2. I do not like the plank. Last night I was finally able to do girl push ups the entire first set. The plank is just cruel. Good info! Now, I know what to look out for. I'm excited about a change, but I'm scared. I completed Get Ripped In 30, and I know Jillian kicks behind as you advance. I think I can! I think I can!
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Count me in on the 30-day shred. Got it in the mail last night. Can't wait. My DVD player wouldn't work this morning, so I have to get a new one before I can start. :(
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    YAY!!! resting helped.. i pushed out a 40 minute run.. and even ran a few minutes at 5.5 and my last minute at 6mph :)... did just over 4 miles on the treatmill last night :D.. sooo stoked... and i did jillian.. but only did strength and cabs since i did almost 500 cals worth of cardio. 2 more day of level 1 then on to level 2.. THANK GOD.. it does get a little boring listening to her say the same thing everyday!
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    tdbernrd: Did you do Level 2 yet? You start today right? I just finished and man i was pouring sweat!! I loved it though, the planks are tough, but I know I need to work on my shoulder strength. Anytime there is a shoulder workout they burn like crazy. Since you don't like planks I wanted to see what you thought of level 2 :) It really got my heart rate up. I only had to do a few modified versions of the workouts.

Amanda: Way to go on your running! 5.5 and 6 mph is excellent! The cardio stuff in level 2 will prob. be easier for you then. I felt like my heart was going to explode at some points, but I made it through. Going out for my day 2 of week 2 of C25k in a few. Wish me luck!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    I did my run on Sat per usual.. didn't shred my last 2 days of level one.. but i'm moving onto level 2 today... going to run tues/ thurs/sat and shred those days too.. my moms 50th bday is on Sunday so i'll be going to jersey saturday night to go to her party... so no exercise sunday..
  • chocaholic38
    Options
    what is 30 day shred? - I'm just starting week 7 of C25k so for anyone starting out - stick with it, you'll get there run by run:smile:
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    30 day shred is a circuit training 30 minute work out by jillian michaels that really helps you tone up and get fit!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    How did everyone do this weekend?
  • tdbernrd
    Options

I got to complete W2D1 & W2D2. I wore myself out running errands with my sons so I never got to get back to the gym for D3. I'll get some Jillian in tonight and finish D3 tomorrow. Very disappointed with myself.
  • lyoung0216
    Options

I got to complete W2D1 & W2D2. I wore myself out running errands with my sons so I never got to get back to the gym for D3. I'll get some Jillian in tonight and finish D3 tomorrow. Very disappointed with myself.

Just pick up where you left off and get back on track. I wouldn't feel bad for taking 1 or 2 days off as long as you continue and keep going. You can do it!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    yea just get back on track.. i took a few days off here and there due to calves bothering me... but today and yesterday i did about 60ish minutes of cardio at the gym 4.5-5 miles.. and i shred when i got home. started level 2 yesterday and hate it already. lol the v- strength move with palms up is a killer with 5 pound weights!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    Finally, finished W2D3 last night. I felt so good that I did L1D9, too. Woo! Only one more night of level 1 then I can move on to level 2. I don't know how you guys do it with 5lb weights. I have no upper body strength. I've looked at my 5lb weights, but I haven't used them. My son uses those when he decides to join me. :smile:
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    yeah its been hard with the 5 lbs, esp the v fly. i can really tell my shoulders are weak! but if i need to skip i rep, i dont worry about it as long as i do most of it. I'll get there eventually! Start W3D1 of my running today. I did L2D6 of Jillian this morning. Im so tempted to skip a day of the shred, but I havent yet for level 2, all done back to back so far! 4 left until level 3!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    yeah its been hard with the 5 lbs, esp the v fly. i can really tell my shoulders are weak! but if i need to skip i rep, i dont worry about it as long as i do most of it. I'll get there eventually! Start W3D1 of my running today. I did L2D6 of Jillian this morning. Im so tempted to skip a day of the shred, but I havent yet for level 2, all done back to back so far! 4 left until level 3!

Congratulations! I started level 2 after I came home from the gym. OMG! I had to come out of my top. I was sweating so hard. My arms were jelly afterwards. As hard as the 30 Day Shred is and after the week of overeating that I had last week, I have to say that it works. I almost lost a whole pound. Woo hoo! I did complete W3D1 and D2 this weekend. I'm supposed to get to the gym tonight. Hopefully, I'll have the stamina to do both tonight, but if not, I at least want to get one in. Week 3 of C25K is challenging. I may stretch it to four days so I can get comfortable jogging for 3 minutes. I can't believe it...I can touch my toes and jog for 3 minutes. This old girl feels like she's 25 again. LOL!
  • lyoung0216
    Options

Congratulations! I started level 2 after I came home from the gym. OMG! I had to come out of my top. I was sweating so hard. My arms were jelly afterwards. As hard as the 30 Day Shred is and after the week of overeating that I had last week, I have to say that it works. I almost lost a whole pound. Woo hoo! I did complete W3D1 and D2 this weekend. I'm supposed to get to the gym tonight. Hopefully, I'll have the stamina to do both tonight, but if not, I at least want to get one in. Week 3 of C25K is challenging. I may stretch it to four days so I can get comfortable jogging for 3 minutes. I can't believe it...I can touch my toes and jog for 3 minutes. This old girl feels like she's 25 again. LOL!

Thats awesome! I have finished week 3 of c25k and am on week 4. It does feel good to be able to run again. The more I do it the better I feel. It's exhausting trying to do both on some days. Sometimes I have been shredding in the morning before work and then running after work, that helps.

I'm on day 5 of level 3 of the shred! Almost done!! I like level 3 more than 2, just seems to go by faster. I guess some things in level 2 were torture for me? Haha. Jilian still utilizes the plank move a lot in level 3 though, hopefully my shoulders and wrists will get stronger.
  • tdbernrd
    Options

Thats awesome! I have finished week 3 of c25k and am on week 4. It does feel good to be able to run again. The more I do it the better I feel. It's exhausting trying to do both on some days. Sometimes I have been shredding in the morning before work and then running after work, that helps.

I'm on day 5 of level 3 of the shred! Almost done!! I like level 3 more than 2, just seems to go by faster. I guess some things in level 2 were torture for me? Haha. Jilian still utilizes the plank move a lot in level 3 though, hopefully my shoulders and wrists will get stronger.

Oh, no! Not more planks. Those things are evil, but they are good for flabby belly. LOL! Good luck with Level 3! Let us know how it goes for you. I'm scared. LOL!
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    I have started the C25K and I'm on my 3d week. It's going a lot better than I thought it would. It's really awesome! How does the 30 day shred work?