"You've lost enough weight now"

Options
how many times have you heard people say this to you?

Do you think they mean it? Does it make you think you should stop?

Or does it make you more determined?

Replies

• Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yep i get that from the hubby, i tell him i'm not done yet and will let him know when i am!!
  • islaybower
    Options
    I get it from certain (overweight) family members every time I lose a couple of pounds (have been pregnant twice in the last few years, so weight has gone up and down a fair bit!). It REALLY irritates me, but I attempt to smile politely and ignore ignore ignore.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've heard it in the past after only dropping a small amount of my target. Do they not realize I'm still in the obese range?

They must have been right though, as I've normally quit around that point :wink:

Personally though, I think that they say it out of jealousy because they see you shrinking and they're not!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I've heard it in the past after only dropping a small amount of my target. Do they not realize I'm still in the obese range?

They must have been right though, as I've normally quit around that point :wink:

Personally though, I think that they say it out of jealousy because they see you shrinking and they're not!
    ^^^ This!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I watched a show the other day on the TLC called my 600lb life. This guy had gastric bypass surgery and then became very ill with something that was not related to the surgery. He was totally dependant on his mother. After getting down to 275 she said she had to put some weight on him because he was too thin and lost too much weight. I was like WWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get this from a "friend" who is jealous of my weight loss. According to her if I lost anymore weight I will look "bad" because I'm "naturally a big girl" and shouldn't be "small" :-/

Gotta love "friends"!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I also think a lot of times people are actually jealous. Unless you're getting unnaturally thin, I'd pay them no mind.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Its annoying, cause i am still 155! Granted i have alot of extra skin so without that i may be 140-145 but still! I am considered over weight! My belly is big from my extra skin. And im still skinny fat! I need to tone up alot and still need to lose this flab! Then get a tummy tuck...i wish! And then i still wont be happy! Lol....
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    Too many times to count. I just put it out my mind and keep my eye on the prize.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get this from a "friend" who is jealous of my weight loss. According to her if I lost anymore weight I will look "bad" because I'm "naturally a big girl" and shouldn't be "small" :-/

Gotta love "friends"!

This.

They see me losin'
    They hatin'
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ^^^ lol

lol
    Yeah, that's it.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Gotta love "friends"!

This.

They see me losin'
    They hatin'

TheySeeMeRollin.jpg
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I hate that statement. Sometimes I feel like people want you to stay a certain way for them!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    When I see my mom at holidays & whatnot she'll say I don't need to lose anymore weight...however, she then says "you just need to tone up" O.o
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd tell people it's none of their damn business. I'm doing it to make myself happy, NO ONE ELSE!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think people get so used to seeing you a certain size that it becomes hard to see you any other size. It's like they are seeing a new person instead of the one they have always known, and it's weird to them.

Just keep doing your thing. They will acclimate to your new body.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have gotten that..... it's weird because one of the people I've heard it from always told me my whole life i was fat! but before I hit 100lbs down i was told that I had lost enough, and now i need to be careful not to lose too much! (mind you, I started at 303.4lbs on 1/1/11 -- I am currently at 198.4lbs - and my goal is 160 -- I am 5'6'', almost 30 years old).... My boyfriend tells me not to lose too much - and that I don't need to lose anymore but if I want to he supports me, as long as I don't get too skinny! haha.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had any body say that because I am still big but if copying someone is suppose to be the sincerest form of flattery I am sure passive aggressive jealousy is a close second.
  • cassidysmommy
    Options
    i have gotten the whole your not fat, i know people who are fat thing. im like are you blind? im 247 pounds , or was at the time. i know im fat and dont need you telling me im not. im not stupid. then when i told her i was trying to lose weight she asked me why because i tried before and failed.
  • penza
    penza Posts: 1
    Options
    LOL 'Friend' told me I looked anorexic... I said "how many Anorexics you know with guns like this.."?! She STFU after that!