New here, current FitBit user. Looking for friends to add.

Options
Hi, new here. 35 year old male in Northern VA. Have been overweight for the last 10 years now I think. Poor food choices, sedentary activity due to my job, and just laziness took a toll on my body.

Ordered P90x, will arrive tomorrow. Will start it on Monday. I'm a runner, run about 4-6 miles at a clip, but occasionally will go further. Did my best 11 mile run two weeks ago. Shins paid dearly for that. I am looking to lose 100 lbs and transform my body, health, and some bad habits. Recently started logging my food with this app -- I LOVE the bar code scanning feature.

Anyway, looking for friends!

Replies

• ddailey2011
    Options
    Ever thought of going for Insanity vs P90X. Difference is p90X needs weights, bands, etc. and Insanity is designed to be used purely with body weight. I personally know that without all the needed items you feel like your missing out of the full experience with p90x.

Myth: Insanity is just a harder p90X. Wrong. Its designed for those not wanting additional equipment to access 100% of the workout program.

Also how do you like the FitBit? I just saw that seems interesting.
  • ddailey2011
    Options
    Oh ya and the bar code scanner is what sold me on the MFP program.
  • Bonesawz0r
    Options
    I actually already have the equipment needed. I hadn't even heard of Insanity until I had ordered P90x. Maybe I'll give it a go after P90x.

The FitBit is something I picked up about 2 months ago, one for me, one for my girlfriend. We're having competitions now to see who can get the best active scores, etc. It's nice because it gives me a relative idea of how active I've been over the day, and it's completely effortless. It tracks footsteps, miles, calories burned over the day, flights of stairs climbed (built in altimeter), and even sleep quality. There's a lot of comparisons to the BodyBugg, but I don't know anything about it so I can't comment on differences. It has some of the features of MyFitnessPal (food logging, community, etc.) but MFP seems much more robust. The app is nice and straightforward for FitBit. It's $100, battery lasts for about a week. To sync it, you just need to be near the computer you have the base station plugged into -- takes just a few seconds for it to upload the data (can store 1 week's worth).