HIIT..share them here!!

Options
Hey everyone! I thought I would share my go to HIIT workout on the treadmill. I will do a minute and a half @ 6mph and then sprint for one minute @ 7mph for 30 minutes or more. Now since getting in really good shape I haven't done this workout in a while. I did it yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and I have to say it was very easy and I only burned 430 calories where I used to burn almost double that.

So next week I am planning on trying to do a minute and a half @ 6.5mph and sprint for one minute @ 7.5 mph. Is this a reasonable pace to switch to? Also I would love to hear what everyone else's go to HIIT workout is :)

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Hey everyone! I thought I would share my go to HIIT workout on the treadmill. I will do a minute and a half @ 6mph and then sprint for one minute @ 7mph for 30 minutes or more. Now since getting in really good shape I haven't done this workout in a while. I did it yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and I have to say it was very easy and I only burned 430 calories where I used to burn almost double that.

So next week I am planning on trying to do a minute and a half @ 6.5mph and sprint for one minute @ 7.5 mph. Is this a reasonable pace to switch to? Also I would love to hear what everyone else's go to HIIT workout is :)

Those are intervals, not high enough intensity. Go outside and really sprint, you shouldn't get close to a minute of sprinting
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i go to my local track. 20-30 full out sprint. walk 30 . continue till i die.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I add mine on the way home after c25k training. Sprint full out 10-15 seconds, then walk until I catch my breath/ my heart rate is back to 65%. Right now that gives me about 6 sets on 2 kilometers, but I only just started.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning - sprinting 15 seconds, walking 45 seconds for as long as I can manage. I think I lasted 20 mins before nearly throwing up!

Good times :happy:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I also do sprint 15 seconds and then I do a light jog for 45 seconds.
  • grantmotox
    grantmotox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1mim sprint, 30sec rest. I found the results are a lot better doing it outside apposed to on a treadmill