Has anyone used Nike + Sensor?

I just ordered the sensor since its only $19 (not much to lose if I end up hating it) and its built into my iphone already. Might as well use it to better track the running Ive been doing.
Has anyone used it & if so, how did you like it?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I used mine for months and didn't like it at all. In 6 months I managed to get through 3 sensors, as they kept dying, and the iPhone nike+ GPS only works when the app is open, which runs the phone battery flat in about an hour, and when it is uncovered, so when I had it in my iPod pocket it didn't work. After 6 months I threw a tantrum and got a Garmin running watch with GPS and HRM instead.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    I've had the same sensor for almost 2 years and it's still working like a charm! I love it!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    I like mine and so does my sister, ours have lasted quite a long time. I actually prefer it over the GPS, mainly because I like to run with my nano as opposed to my iphone. Give it a try, I think it's worth it.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 454 Member
    Mine works great! I have had it for over three years and never had a problem with it. Mine is used with my ipod touch though, so I didn't have to deal with my phone dying. But yeah - I use it all the time and have run with it during lots of races from 5ks to half marathons and it is usually pretty close to accurate once you calibrate it using a set distance.

Happy running!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    I had one. I used it with my iPod Nano. It worked ok. I had to recalibrate it a number of times and I never got quite comfortable with the accuracy of it. However, I did like the audio feedback I got from it.
    I'm using a Garmin GPS watch now and really like it. It's much more accurate and since it uses GPS, I don't have to calibrate it. You can get a footpod for it if you want to use it indoors, but since I do about 95% of my running outside already, that's not such a big deal to me.
  • milkll13
    milkll13 Posts: 27 Member
    I use it, I love it.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Well Im looking forward to getting over this darn cold so I can start using it. I would LOVE to buy a HRM watch but its out of my budget right now. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
  • indiesongstress
    indiesongstress Posts: 11 Member
    If any of you have an iPhone, you can just download the app for $1.99 and it will do all of the tracking the little bit does for you. I've been testing out the app for the last few days and it's just as accurate as I imagine the actual thing is. I love it!