New Here, Need Friends

Options
Im 6'2 260 lbs and looking to drop to 210lbs. Im a student, military veteran, and have been fighting with my weight all my life. I will upload a recent pic and update my profile. Going to try a different approach at weight loss then just going it alone at the gym and end up binging due to lack of accountability.

Also doesn't help when you work 10 hours a day strapped to a desk.. lol.

Replies

• DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hiya, welcome along, well I'm 6ft and was 445lbs when I started. I'm now down to 322lbs.... long way to go but there are loads of people on here to give you motivation :flowerforyou:
  • jillybee23
    Options
    Hello, my name is Angela and I am new here too. Its a struggle and some days are better than others. Just set a goal and stick to it. I know, easier said than done. All you can do is try and don't give up!
  • toniandrws
    toniandrws Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on the site since December 2011, and love it. I helps hold you accountable. You can add me if you like, I log in everyday even if I completely blew it that day.
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Gigi and I have been at this for 17 days now... It's all a learning process! Don't be too hard on yourself and just remember the reasons why you're on here in the first place!
  • bluefish9105
    bluefish9105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im 216lbs and hoping to lose 50bs, same as i was when i met my hubby 10 years ago, every year i just seem to put on another 5lbs. I start a diet then i stop after 2 weeks, i just cant keep the motivation going but i hope by tracking what i eat i can lose weight and feel healthier again. Today is day 2 so i have a long way to go…but there again 50lbs didnt go on over night either!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Been on for a little over a week lost 3lbs and 48 more to go. Feel free to add me, we can motivate eachother
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi I am Kim...I also have a long way to go...I have only found this sit very recently.....I also log on daily...so go ahead add if like...I am a good cheerleader :)
  • NikMosch
    NikMosch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best wishes to you on your journey! I am very willing to be a support if you'd like another!
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivational buddies as well......feel free to add me :)
  • SkinnyMamToBe2014
    SkinnyMamToBe2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I too am new here & very excited by this new adventure, Please add me if you need friends, it would be great to hear other peoples stories :)
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the newbies here! I have been on here since June and LOVE it, there are tons of motivating , positive encouraging people here. I beilieve we must find some workout buddies that will help hold us accountable for our everyday actions. I leave my food diary open that way if I eat unhealthy one of my buddies can say something encouraging to help change my eating habits or exercising habits. I am SUPER motivated an have tons of determination to reach my goal. I workout hard 6 days a week then I use my 7th day as a low impact activity usually take a long walk and do a couple ab workouts. I hope you all find the motivation and encouragement you need to reach your goals. If you have any?'s just ask that is why we are all here.
    Good Luck on your health and fitness journey.....
    Remember that the best ab exercise is walking; walking away from the kitchen...
    Feel free to add me!!! If we all stick together we CAN DO THIS!!!
    Take Care,
    Kim
  • vmf1030
    vmf1030 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am new here I am 28 and weigh 237 I have lost 13 so far 92 more. Please add me.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I started on MFP last week and thanks to P90X, I have lost 5 pounds so far. I will definitely add you and we can help to motivate each other.
  • MileHighJohn
    MileHighJohn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Yeah I'm a newbie. Checking things out around here. My classmate turned me on to this site.
  • dkc6491
    dkc6491 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new on here as of today. I started my weight loss journey right before Christmas and have lost 17 lbs. I plan to lose at least 20 more. I've struggled with my weight since I started my family years ago. I know I can lose the weight but catch myself sabotaging myself. I'd love to make some friends and BE a friend...
    :smile:
  • tamarat58
    Options
    I just started 2 weeks ago and love this site! Everyone is supportive and encouraging, which I do not get from my family. I have only lost 6 pounds so far, but am feeling great and am able to do things I couldn't do 2 weeks ago. Am always looking for more support, feel free to add me too! :)