Should I start 30 day Shred

Options
I don't know much about the 30 day shred I've been seeing a lot of but it sounds really good! Any advice on if its worth the time and just it in general?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Go for it -- it's a great workout DVD. But if you're already in pretty good shape, I would go for Ripped in 30 instead (it's a bit more intense).
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    I would definitely recommend Ripped in 30, as I don't know about 30 Day Shred. I tried it for the first time tonight and it's a great workout and certainly knocks it out of you the first time. :)
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    I just started it yesterday and I am sore as heck!!!!! Im so serious right now. I didnt do it today because Im so sore that I almost fell going up the stairs with my 5mth old baby girl in my arms. So I'll rest today and get back on it tomorrow. But yes....you should do it. The pain is a good thing....pain=results
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do it! I just did day 5 and it's a good work out for the short amount of time. I also walk or do some other cardio during the day but I've always done that! Feel free to add me because I know talking to others will help with motivation! :)
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It is great! I love it. It has helped me go from size 18 pants to 14 and I haven't even started the third level yet. Best of all it is only $10 including shipping or $10 in the store at Wal mart. If you would like to try it the first level is free on youtube. If you don't have hand weights you can use water bottles.
    It is very hard on the knees and shin splints. I have trouble with both, BUT you really can do modified jumping jacks and be just fine. I say go for it.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like it. I have lost inches and am feeling much stronger now then when I started. I did not do it in 30 days however. I had not been working out at all before I started and my goal is to workout 3 times a week. I did level one for 3 times a week for 3 weeks then moved on to level 2 for 3 weeks then level 3 for 3 weeks. After completing the cycle I now try to do each level once during the week. I have added in some pilates and cardio when I can but the shred gives me the strength training/cardio combo I want in a manageable amount of time.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I LOVED it! I lost more inches during the month I was doing it than I did in the several months previous combined (but didn't lose a significant amount of weight compared to before I started). Plus it feels good to start and finish a program, and to really see progression in your strength and stamina. Would definitely recommend it.
  • chipembele
    chipembele Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've read so much about this and having a few stubborn pounds to shift I'm considering doing this from April 1st. Probably not in 30 days as I want to combine it with my lifting and elliptical. I need results by may 22nd.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do it, but level 2 works better for me, I just wasnt feeling much wit level 1, but level one is kicking my butt, however my weightloss has slowed down quite a bit, just accept that as a factor in the beginning as it seems to be a typical "side effect", but I have not read of anyone not losing inches, me included, but Im still doing it.
  • lstrick27
    lstrick27 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I am going to do it even though I still have a lot of weight to lose and this doesnt seem to help with that :/ so that kinda is iffy for me! Do I need anything besides weights?