Walking - don't think it will work?

Options
2»

Replies

• lozzae85
    lozzae85 Posts: 35
    Options
    I love walking as a form of exercise I just wish I had more time to fit it in. I work about 17miles from work so too far to walk! I try and walk around the block on my breaks when I can its only just under a mile and a half but every little helps!

On my days off I like to go to the beach and walk the dog. as long as I have my headphones on I can go for miles. I also find I have the time to myself that I need to think :) win win!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So true!! I tend to lose weight in a second when I'm on holidays, because I normally walk around at least 4 hours a day, plus bits and pieces of swimming in pools.

This is also proof that shopping can do more good for you than harm :laugh:
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's great. I am def. going to incorporate more walking into my workout schedule.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    if you want to add to your walking routine, start doing fartleks (Swedish for speed play). Pick a telephone pole or other land mark and say from this one to the next, I am going to speed walk - go as fast as you can. Then slow down and walk at a normal pace. Then do it all over again. You can up the # of times you do this or you can up the speed. Fartlek's work wonders.

Kristine

OMigosh, I love that word, fartlek. lol And here I was doing this very same thing, with my son - in order to get him to stop complaining about how long our walk was taking! lol