I need to buy a new HRM....

Options
The one I have is absolutely ridiculous... I need a new ACCURATE one haha... Any suggestions?

Replies

• leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What do you have now? I have the Garmin 405 and the Garmin FR60, mainly because I am more concerned with having pace info for running more so than HR info, but I have been pleased with Garmin as a HRM. Polar and Suunto are a couple of big industry leaders in HRMs, but I have no experience with either.
  • annam25
    annam25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What do you have now? I have the Garmin 405 and the Garmin FR60, mainly because I am more concerned with having pace info for running more so than HR info, but I have been pleased with Garmin as a HRM. Polar and Suunto are a couple of big industry leaders in HRMs, but I have no experience with either.

I just bought a cheap one from walmart for $28. It's a sportline. It says I burn way more calories than I think is possible.. I guess thats what I get for buying a cheap HRM. I'll check out the Garmin, are they spendy?
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT7. I know it's more accurate that what the machines at the gym says, and does a better job of knowing what I'm doing during my circuits than what any website might guess.

I got mine on Amazon for about $80.
  • annam25
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT7. I know it's more accurate that what the machines at the gym says, and does a better job of knowing what I'm doing during my circuits than what any website might guess.

I got mine on Amazon for about $80.

Sweet! that's what I'm looking for, and the price isn't too bad. Probably worth it! :)
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Either you live near me, or the webpage knows where I live and showed the locations nearest me! :)

EDIT: Just checked, it was the website!
  • annam25
    Options
    Excellent! Either you live near me, or the webpage knows where I live and showed the locations nearest me! :)

EDIT: Just checked, it was the website!

Thanks for you input! I'll probably end up buying that one next pay day haha
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    I just got one for $30 shipped off amazon because I wanted to play around with having one before shelling out for a bodybugg. Its pyle brand, they are like $70 on the pyle website but only $25 if you buy from amazon.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    definitely Polar!!! I have the FT4 and I LOVE it!! was around $70 and so worth it! Good luck! : )
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just got one for $30 shipped off amazon because I wanted to play around with having one before shelling out for a bodybugg. Its pyle brand, they are like $70 on the pyle website but only $25 if you buy from amazon.

I had that one and had to return it within 1 week because of inaccuracy and inconsistency.. I looked it up online and many others had similar issues with Pyle.. went straight for Polar right after I returned the Pyle.
  • annam25
    Options
    I had that one and had to return it within 1 week because of inaccuracy and inconsistency.. I looked it up online and many others had similar issues with Pyle.. went straight for Polar right after I returned the Pyle.
    [/quote]

Good to know! Investing into a better brand is probably the way to go anyways huh?
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Yep, Polar is great. I have the FT4 and love it. :)
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT60. Love it!
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I purchased from this web site: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/

Great prices and fast shipping. Plus, they specialize in HRMs. You can use the code VALUEDCUSTOMER for 5% off the price. They had another coupon a back a few weeks ago for 8% off the price. cm8 was the coupon code for that, I believe.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have a new balance one I got on Ebay for $18, originally almost $70. It's pretty nice.
  • _emma
    _emma Posts: 21
    Options
    i love my polar ft4 :) not too expensive, really accurate, and i actually get compliments on it a lot, it's really cute! haha
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 is def worth it and $80. is a great price. Love it!

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have the polar FT60 as well and absolutely LOVE it! they're so worth it! you'll get hooked once you get a good one! :)
  • BigCat175
    BigCat175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT80 and it is amazing!
  • getfitsooner
    Options
    I've had the Polar FT7 for a while now after having a few other HRMs. The FT7 is definitely the way to go.