I need food ideas!!

Options
I'm going out of town for a week, no gym access and limited internet! I need some breakfast/lunch ideas to help me stay on track! I'll have access to a kitchen in the mornings, then lunch needs to be pretty much no prep! Thanks a bunch!! :)

Replies

• Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Get some protein shakes that will do in a pinch. I also love rice or spelt cakes with organic peanut butter. Delicious, good for you and low in cals. They are also relatively filling. Do you have a plug in cooler that you might be able to take along? Some boiled eggs, veggies etc keep nicely in one of those. I am away from Thursday to next Thurs and I am terribly worried about my food while I am away. Hang in there..... we can do this!
  • lisa2826
    lisa2826 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave, you can scramble two eggs with mushrooms, onion, pepper, and cheese and microwave in a large coffee mug for 30 seconds at a time studding to make sure everything is cooked. It is fast and easy. Don't forget salt and pepper. Hum.
  • lisa2826
    lisa2826 Posts: 16
    Options
    Stirring. Sorry.
  • merila
    merila Posts: 4
    Options
    Breakfast: Sugar free instant oatmeal packet with 1/2 banana
    Yogurt and fresh fruit
    Bagel slims/cream cheese or peanut butter
    hard boiled eggs, ham and fruit
    Lunch: Select Harvest Light soups/crackers
    Tuna (in a bag/no prep), pretzels and carrots
    string cheese, yogurt and a granola bar
    Fresh veggies and fruit

I have a son who is often hospitalized. I have bring my own food to the hospital. I plan it out and grocery shop ahead of time and bring the food with me. As long as you have access to a fridge and microwave you should be all set! Also, you do not need a gym! Hit the stairs, do sit ups, push ups etc.... Good luck!