Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I used to eat the natural stuff but just couldn't get used to it. I eat the regular now, 1 TBSP makes a nice sandwich. Once I found out that it only has 6 calories of sugar in it I decided to relax and enjoy it.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I ate a Smart Balance Peanut Butter on Wheat bread for supper. I eat that for lunch or supper probably once a week. As long as it fits into your calorie allowance, I think is ok.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    PB2!!!! Powdered peanut buttter. 45 calories for 2tbsp. Ingredients: peanuts, salt, sugar. I am OBSESSED!!!!! I ate natural peanut butter before I found this little gem, but now I can eat 2x as much for HALF the calories!!! Get some!!! :happy:

you said the magic word.....
  • JENNIBABE08
    Options
    WOULD DIE WITHOUT PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! I look at the facts buy the healthiest one and then only eat half a serving. It goes further when you melt it in the microwave for 45 seconds and dip fruit and veg in it!!!!! I am a PB and Choc freak and those two things being banned from my diet would break my little heart! Also just learned about nutella. Don't love the calorie count but half a serving on a rice cake is delish and helps those pesky chocolate cravings! Also only about 140 calories!

If I bought nutella I would eat the whole jar for sure. Yum soo good. But I try to keep it away :)
  • LRodich
    LRodich Posts: 15
    Options
    Of, course, if it's part of your allowed calorie allowance..but be careful it is HIGH in calories (190 for a 2 tablespoon serving). I like to have about 1 T on a Rice Cake and it's not too bad (under150 calories). If you love it I would just be very very careful..spoon out the exact amount you will allow yourself and close the jar and put it back up immediately (we PB lovers are all tempted to take a spoon or fingerful from the jar!).
  • cjwebb01
    cjwebb01 Posts: 2
    Options
    PB2 rocks my socks off! We just discovered it and I can't tell you how happy I am to have a piece of peanut butter toast! Amazon.com carries it and its a good price compared to the store.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Personally, and I emphasize personally- in my phase of weight loss I am not willing to trade the calories and fat, when I can just drink some soy milk or eat a snack. I do eat peanut butter fiber bars and find that calorie load more acceptable at 140-150. However, I am sure for most people nuts and other nut butters are staples in their dietary consumption.

^^
    You do realize that most natural peanut butter servings are only 190 calories, healthy fat and NATURAL - unlike processed fiber bars (most of which are pretty high in carbs)??
  • mcourtney09
    mcourtney09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tbs of peanut butter every morning for breakfast on a light 35 cal piece of toast. I measure it really carefully (I typically use a scale and measure out the grams exactly).

I've eaten 99% of my breakfast since I started and I am accounting for it so I think it's fine.

I actually didn't even like peanut butter all that much before but now I'm addicted! I love how it keeps me full until lunch and all for 235 cals :)
  • cjwebb01
    cjwebb01 Posts: 2
    Options
    someone put it best as comparing pb2 to skim milk and the real thing is vitamin D milk... you just get used to it.
  • LRodich
    LRodich Posts: 15
    Options
    Oops, you better google "calores in peanut butter'...it's ALWAYS 90 calories per Tablespoon (even the low fat kind! )..if you've found a variety that is only 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons, please share it with me! Maybe you meant 45 calories for 2 TEAspoons?
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Oops, you better google "calores in peanut butter'...it's ALWAYS 90 calories per Tablespoon (even the low fat kind! )..if you've found a variety that is only 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons, please share it with me! Maybe you meant 45 calories for 2 TEAspoons?

They are talking about PB2. it's a powdered peanut butter - and the 45 cal is for 2 Tablespoons.
    http://store.bellplantation.com/4-Pack-PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-p/pb2-04.htm
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 2 tablespoons of peanut butter every day.
    I ate 5 tablespoons of peanut butter yesterday.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I've never heard of PB2 until now. Please give me ideas on its use. Sounds great!!!!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    it's my main breakfast thing--can't go without it and with a cup of oj or milk--I'm happy for the day :)
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    You can get PB2 on Amazon or this website http://www26.netrition.com/cgi/advanced_search.cgi
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OK obviously I am out of the loop....What is PB2 and where can I find it? I too am a dieheart pb lover, but have cut down big time because of the high calorie count!! I miss it!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Plus-Roasted-All-Natural-Peanut-Flour-32-oz-907-g/36231?at=0

I buy this. I mix up 1 c. of the peanut flour, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1 tsp stevia in the raw and blend to get a little more airy and have even distribution of the salt and sugar. Then use just like the PB2. Much cheaper... and no sugar.

However, if I have the calories still left, I go for the no sugar natural peanut butter!!! Definitely!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You can find pb2 on amazon for a lot cheaper than the stores plus it's not carried everywhere.
    I live in New Haven CT and the closest store that carries it is in Burlington VT (about a 3.5-4 hour drive, close to 200 miles)

It doesn't taste exactly like regular PB, it's not as sweet. It's a different taste at first but it's good.
    I never liked natural PB (like what you make at a health food place)

Plus you can make it as thin/thick you want, depends how much water you put it in.
  • stowens75
    stowens75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    PB2 is found on amazon.com i love the stuff and helps out with making protein smoothies and brings the calories down. :smile:
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my favorite food in the world. If I could I would put it on everything all the time.

As it is I put it in smoothies occasionally, dip my carrots/apples in it, or mash up a banana with it.

I rarely eat over 1.5 tablespoons but if I do it is worth it.

If you love it, eat it just be smart!