Help...Can't have a Bowel Movement!!

Options

Replies

• angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree you should see a doctor.

And eat an apple every morning - with the peel on.
    Spinach helps too. A lot of fresh raw veggies and fruits, and LOTS Of water... and if I need to go, if I drink a cup of coffee and go for a walk, it generally gets things moving.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I swear by metamucil
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i can't believe no one said Sena leaf tea, is it s natural laxatif and good for you
  • jacob1462
    jacob1462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope that when you said a whole week without a BM was an exaggeration. That should only happen if you are eating 0 calories per day. I heard of a older fellow once who went a few weeks with no pooping...turns out his intestines had become twisted/blocked and he died when they burst. I recommend drinking an entire pot of coffee....if nothing happens....go to the ER STAT!!!!! Maybe its just me, but I've never missed more that 24 hours without making a big ole' poop turd... doesn't matter what I've been eating.
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor--after repeated use of laxatives and stool softeners, you need proper medical advice. Your body learns to need them with prolonged use.
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have yourself a large bowl of bean chili, black beans actually. Drink lots of water and make sure you are eating enough fruits and vegetables. I have also heard that lowering the amount of caffeine you take in if it is a lot can help too. I had these issues until I started eating right. Went through all the tests to find nothing at all.

Theresa
  • Redrose3333
    Options
    Eat a green salad each day with cucumber & tomatoes. I think it's the cucumber that works for me.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    I also think you should go and see your doctor. When you do, it might be helpful to bring your phone so that your doctor can see your food diary.
  • drencher
    drencher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Epsom salt can be used as a laxative. See instruction on side of box. Works like a charm...but like it was warned....dont have no place to go and plenty of toliet paper on hand:tongue:
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Fiber One cereal for breakfast and Kellog's Fiber Plus for a snack each day. That'll help. You can ask MFP to keep track of your daily fiber to ensure you're getting enough.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    My go to laxative is ALWAYS KFC! I'm really so serious about that. But, anyway, if it's been that long really, then you should see a doctor. Also, you have gotten a ****ton (no pun intended) of ideas/suggestions/etc that I hope you don't decide to try all at one time.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Water and fiber one bars and brownies and only 90 calories each...(and they taste good too)
    Everyone gets down on fiber one products, but they have saved my life as far as regularity goes. I had horrible constipation for so long, was totally dependent on enemas for over a year, and then had a rectal prolapse one night. I was terrified, so I decided to do what the doctors had always told me to do, which is eat more fiber and drink more water. I began eating Fiber one raisin bran every morning and one or two fiber one chewy bars during the day. I also eat veggies evry night, and fruit with breakfast and lunch. I have 10 glasses of water a day as well. Within 2-3 days I was having perfect, text book bowel movements, and it has pretty much stayed that way for the last 3 years. I go every night like clockwork.
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, too, for most of my life... I worked out and ate right. I started regularly eating GasX and laxitives to help ease the constant pain...

And then I discovered that I had a wheat/gluten allergy (Celiac Disease).

Within 2 weeks of not eating wheat, I was having regular bowl movements and the constant gas pain was gone. No amount of fiber, "eating right," exercising, coffee or laxitives was going to fix it.

I just thought I'd throw this out there since an estimated 1 in 133 people have some level of gluten intolerance and most of people don't know they have it.

My advise: go get checked out by your doctor.

Info about Celiac Disease and its symptoms:
    http://www.celiac.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=12
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, I've noticed when I'm drinking soy milk every night. I eat prunes and they work.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Call a doctor!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Because of how long this has been going on, and all of your other failed attempts I HIGHLY suggest going to your doctor.

Yep.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    Looking for some advice.....and HELP!!!! Ever since starting MFP....i have been eating 1500-1800 Calories...drinking plenty of water and fluid....but for the past two m onths ...I CAN NOT go to the bathroom with out help from a laxative or stool softner!!! Sometimes i go a whole week without going....This really is worrying be...I know it's not healthy.....Does anyone else have this problem? Does any one else know what can help regulate me? I have even tired taking extra Fiber in the pack from GNC store and i still have a hard time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

lol ok so today i made a strawberry spinach smoothie (all you can taste is strawberries) and then took a 45 minute walk....yeah i almost *kitten* my pants on the way home,...so that being said strawberry spinach smoothie + a lil movement=great bowel movement :laugh: omg how embarrasing....but i said it!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Looking for some advice.....and HELP!!!! Ever since starting MFP....i have been eating 1500-1800 Calories...drinking plenty of water and fluid....but for the past two m onths ...I CAN NOT go to the bathroom with out help from a laxative or stool softner!!! Sometimes i go a whole week without going....This really is worrying be...I know it's not healthy.....Does anyone else have this problem? Does any one else know what can help regulate me? I have even tired taking extra Fiber in the pack from GNC store and i still have a hard time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

lol ok so today i made a strawberry spinach smoothie (all you can taste is strawberries) and then took a 45 minute walk....yeah i almost *kitten* my pants on the way home,...so that being said strawberry spinach smoothie + a lil movement=great bowel movement :laugh: omg how embarrasing....but i said it!

WTG!
  • DaveLowus
    Options
    You might want to talk with your Doctor. They usually have good advice.