Weight loss?? Raspberry Ketones???

Options
Has anyone ever used Raspberry Ketones?

If so, what were your results??

I'm thinking about taking them, but I'm afraid it will get rid of my butt!!
And as you can tell by my pic I dont wanna lose my butt!!!!

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Um.. why would it get rid of your butt?
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    It supposedly attacks fat.

And my butt is fat.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Butt's are also muscle..

Anyway, assuming this did actually work it's not as though it would only remove fat from your butt.
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Right, but I just don't know how it "chooses" what fat to attack!

I know it sounds stupid...
  • dlperry65
    dlperry65 Posts: 83
    Options
    Been taking them for a little over 2 weeks and have lost 3.6, which is pretty good because I only had a few more pounds to lose and have things set to lose a pound a week. Lost 3 pounds the first week and only .6 over the next. So still just getting started.
    Taking 300 mg per day. Everybody is different and every body reacts differently. I wanted to try Raspberry Ketones because it is natural.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you should use the raspberry ketones but your butt will be fine just keep up the butt exercises.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Been taking them for a little over 2 weeks and have lost 3.6, which is pretty good because I only had a few more pounds to lose and have things set to lose a pound a week. Lost 3 pounds the first week and only .6 over the next. So still just getting started.
    Taking 300 mg per day. Everybody is different and every body reacts differently. I wanted to try Raspberry Ketones because it is natural.

What is raspberry ketones exactly - is it a way to go into ketosis without actually eating in ketosis?
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Googled:
    "Raspberry ketone is a natural phenolic compound that is responsible for the heavenly aroma of red raspberries. And according to this Planta Medica study, it’s also a potent fat burner. Tested on a group of portly lab mice, it was discovered that raspberry ketone increased both the expression and secretion of adiponectin. This is important because adiponectinis a protein hormone which modulates a number of metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism. Past research into adiponectin has shown that your levels of adiponectin are inversely correlated with your body fat percentage
    - Higher adiponectin = lower levels of body fat."
    http://www.healthhabits.ca/2011/04/20/raspberry-ketones-weight-loss/
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Googled:
    "Raspberry ketone is a natural phenolic compound that is responsible for the heavenly aroma of red raspberries. And according to this Planta Medica study, it’s also a potent fat burner. Tested on a group of portly lab mice, it was discovered that raspberry ketone increased both the expression and secretion of adiponectin. This is important because adiponectinis a protein hormone which modulates a number of metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid catabolism. Past research into adiponectin has shown that your levels of adiponectin are inversely correlated with your body fat percentage
    - Higher adiponectin = lower levels of body fat."
    http://www.healthhabits.ca/2011/04/20/raspberry-ketones-weight-loss/

Thanks for googling I saw this breifly on DrOz, and was curious.
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Bump
  • MissPriss_423
    Options
    Nobody else???
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    umm..what?

sorry was looking at your profile pic.

Raspberry ketones has no real human trial examples..I have heard of folks using it and it reducing fat content in some.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones are hyped by Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. You asked for opinions, that is mine.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    how are these taken? are they tablets, capsules etc?
    i cant swallow tablets but these may be of interest to me if i can take them
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The broscience in this tread hurts my brain. Just eat for overall fat loss, your *kitten* will partially go, but if your anything like a large % of the female population it'll go from your boobs/arms/abdomen first. ;)
  • neesey84
    neesey84 Posts: 9
    Options
    :smile:
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them for about a month now. I have lost 7lbs. I first heard about them on Dr. Oz. I think they work. I've been suggesting them to anyone who asks what I'm doing to lose weight. I wanted a natural supplement that still does the job. I think you should give them a shot. :)

6006623.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Do you show them your diary showing caloric deficit as well? :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quack. You asked for opinions, that is mine.
    quack is whack!
  • neesey84
    neesey84 Posts: 9
    Options
    :smile: