TO ALL THOSE WISHING FOR NEW FEATURES ON MY FITNESS PAL

Options

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes, but no one wants the site to go down hill like facebook with the constant annoying changes forced upon the users at the sake of the users fustration. This site does the job its needed to do, and the community support among members more than makes up for any lacking features.

But I do agree with you that sometimes change can be a good thing And some people might want more functions or features, so I'm not trying to bash anyones opinions here, I just hope that if they do decide to ever make changes that they allow people to opt out or customize what changes they want or don't want.

Over all I am very satisfy with mtp and recommend it for all my friends.

Yes, to all of this.

I recommend this site to all of my friends as soon as they mention weightloss. Some of them are already here and others are thinking about it. I am very happy with the ease of use.

But there are still some features I'd love to see as optional.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Why have a SUGGESTION section if we can't make SUGGESTIONS?

No one is saying that. We're just saying that we should all be a little more grateful for the tool we have and not to make demands about what we want. It's all about tone.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

No one is saying that. We're just saying that we should all be a little more grateful for the tool we have and not to make demands about what we want. It's all about tone.
    Maybe I'm dumb but that still sounds like we should just sit and hope they can read our minds...there's a difference between a suggestion and a demand.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To be honest I like this site because it is a simple site. I have been on other sites that are free and while they are nice all the updates become a bit much. I am not saying that a few upgrades wouldn't be ok but if this is done all the time the impovements can become more of a pain then a (well improvement). I hope no matter if or what they do they keep the site simple.

This :)

It's why I joined this sight in the first place. I know there are quite a few MFP'ers that aren't real computer users and they like this sight because it's one that they can use with their limited computer knowledge. :flowerforyou:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally agree that it's a wonderful site. I completely love it and I'm so grateful for it. However, what's the use of maintaining something if it's only going to become stagnant without the flow of new ideas? I dont agree that people should be demanding things, but new ideas, features that would make it even more dynamic, etc...these ideas should be able to be brought up and hopefully integrated.
  • Jorra
    Options

Maybe I'm dumb but that still sounds like we should just sit and hope they can read our minds...there's a difference between a suggestion and a demand.

That's exactly my point.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I really like the site too and I'm glad they spent the time to get it going.

Perhaps though, they could use some of that "generosity" to hire a full time developer from the money they make from all the advertisements to continue to make the site meet the needs of their users.

:sick: :mad: I don't care if the site never had another feature. It is really helping me as well as my wallet!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

That's exactly my point.
    I hope you're talking about the last thing I said...and not the reading mind part
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes I am always so thankful for this site. It constantly impresses me that 99% of the foods I search for can be found here. Absolutely amazing. Thanks guys for creating such a wonderful site and sharing it with us! :flowerforyou:
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    They should hire a killer PR/Marketing person who should knock on some partnership doors so someone like AOL, Discovery/TLC, Martha or Yahoo can acquire MFP, giving the founders a bunch of dough so they can quit their day jobs and add cool features to the site or hire someone. Seriously if it hasn't already happened, someone out there definitely wants to buy this brand.
  • Jorra
    Options

That's exactly my point.
    I hope you're talking about the last thing I said...and not the reading mind part

Indeed I am talking about the last part.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Y'know, while that's true ...

I don't see an issue with suggestions. How are they going to know what people want if we don't tell them? Improving the features may bring in more users which may increase advertising revenue.

Now there's a real difference between constructive suggestions and 'U SUCK BECUZ U DON'T HAVE ...' which should be kept in mind, but that's another issue.

I agree. I love MFP :heart: , but I don't see the harm in suggesting changes that we would like to have. They don't have to implement them, but I think it is fine to state opinions. If ppl are demanding it in a rude way I wouldn't agree with that, but just stating that it would be nice to have notifications or a like button or whatever seems reasonable in my opinion.
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with everything that this site has to offer... Kudos to the ones that put it together, please keep it simple
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Right on!!!! This site is too wonderful to complain about ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Mike and Albert!
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think it's in the owner's best interest to read feeback and continue to keep the site updated and fresh. It's true that the site is free, but it's also true that they make money from advertising. So it's important for them to know what people want from the site. The more popular it is, the more money they make.

That being said, the feedback should be constructive and not harsh or overly critical.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I do have 1 question though. Why oh why have they not partnered with WiThings scale like FitBit and Lost It? Would be so much easier to just step on the scale and have it sync to all the sites at once.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hear, Hear!!

1) This site was developed by Mike and Albert Lee originally for their own personal use to become healthier. They did not have to share their innovative program with the entire world.
    2) Mike and Albert both have very responsible jobs and families and they're doing this as VOLUNTEERS
    3) This site is FREE

:)
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love & appreciate MFP & I give credit to them both in my profile & on many occasions on the forums & real life referrals.

Having said that - Ditto to susannamarie & zoedallas

PS - not that I've used it but as far as I know they do already have synch features with FitBit ?