TO ALL THOSE WISHING FOR NEW FEATURES ON MY FITNESS PAL

Options
13»

Replies

• l1o9r9i9
    l1o9r9i9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this site ! Thank you , keeps me on track :)
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I agree with those saying there would not be a suggestions section if they didn't want us to provide feedback and suggestions. I do tend to wonder if they even read them as I have never seen anyone in authority reply to those threads or implement updates. Just out of curiousity when was the last update?

And for anyone who is thinking the owners keep this site running out of the kindness of their hearts I'm sorry but you're naive. A site like this makes a TON of money from both advertisers, partnerships with other tools, etc. I worked for a large free site and know how easy it is to make $ maintaining a website. Retaining the customers is one of the hardest parts. There are just so many different options out there that if you don't keep up to speed people jump ship.

Now having said all that, I am grateful to have found this site and love how supportive the community is. I really do hope the owners/developers are reading the suggestions and take the time to implement them.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think it's nice that those guys volunteered to create this site and welcome the public to use it. If they had the money to keep the site going on their own, they wouldn't have the advertisers to fund the site. And seriously, every time Facebook gets updated, more people complain than compliment. Just look at all the people losing weight from using this site as it currently is - just be concerned about how the site can change you, not how you want the site to be changed.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I think it's nice that those guys volunteered to create this site and welcome the public to use it. If they had the money to keep the site going on their own, they wouldn't have the advertisers to fund the site. And seriously, every time Facebook gets updated, more people complain than compliment. Just look at all the people losing weight from using this site as it currently is - just be concerned about how the site can change you, not how you want the site to be changed.
    It probably started off as out of their own pocket. But since it's been open anyone with any kind of common sense about the internet can tell you they are making more than enough to keep this site up and running from the random ads alone. Just read what blueeyedcrist stated.

At least some ownership feedback to our suggestions would be nice. I mean they do read what we comment on, right? Why else would they create a suggestion section? Just to say "HEY WE GOT ONE!"?
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Truth!
  • karenx30
    karenx30 Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I agree with those saying there would not be a suggestions section if they didn't want us to provide feedback and suggestions. I do tend to wonder if they even read them as I have never seen anyone in authority reply to those threads or implement updates. Just out of curiousity when was the last update?

And for anyone who is thinking the owners keep this site running out of the kindness of their hearts I'm sorry but you're naive. A site like this makes a TON of money from both advertisers, partnerships with other tools, etc. I worked for a large free site and know how easy it is to make $ maintaining a website. Retaining the customers is one of the hardest parts. There are just so many different options out there that if you don't keep up to speed people jump ship.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If only we had a like button...

Nah. I'm kidding. I completely agree.

LOL
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    excellent point
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No one was making demands lol. You guys make it seem like they were holding up guns to the creators heads and screaming "YEAH! WE WANT THIS AND THIS! OR WE'LL BLOW YOUR DAMN BRAINS OUT!"

:laugh:
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Well said! i love the simplicity of this site!! If its not enough for someone, there is probably other sites out there that will fit your needs! i would love to see this one stay as it is!
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do agree
    but i also think need keep improving/updating in order to keep up with any rivals.
    All sites need new bits and pieces now and again.

So regardless, to whether they have families/jobs they put this site live, so keep it good, up to date and fresh.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    AMEN!! THANK YOU MIKE & ALBERT!:flowerforyou:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the OP. Being in the web world surrounded by developers and being a web designer myself I totally appreciate all the hard work put into this site. It takes a lot of time, planning, and execution to build sites and maintain them. Once you start, its a never ending job. There is no "ok, i finished the site."

On the other hand, if they wanna make money off of the site, then go right ahead! It doesn't bother me any. I am a freelance graphic designer on the side and totally understand profiting from your skills. Why not?
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I too love that this site is free. But it desperately needs updating and improving. That does not, however, equal the loss of simplicity. The database alone needs looking at (how many wrong entries are there!?) especially if and when the 'recipe sharing' does work, how many of you are going to use a recipe and have those wrong also because the original recipe creator didn't do their research and used wrong entries to make it up in the first place?

There is a LOT of work to be done, but the advertising on this site, with the amount of members on here, more than makes up for just 'running' it and paying server and domain costs. I truly believe that this site could do very well indeed with a professional face-lift and a little 'pruning' to get the database back on the straight and narrow without it being more difficult to use or having a myriad of changes like the book of face does these days.

Come on people, you shouldn't be afraid of positive change, after all, it's what we're all here for in the first place!
  • butttrffly
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying. Some changes would be good.i love the site but wish some of it was available on the app. I will put that in suggestions. That is what it Is for lol. Because this site is free does not mean that it does not make money. I am sure those guys make enough that they no longer have those jobs they started out with.