protein shakes as meal substitutes..

Options
13»

Replies

• jcmk87
    jcmk87 Posts: 57
    Options
    I do understand your point, but like I said, your references refute the significance of the net thermogenesis rather than the fact it actually happens.

Of course my references aren't going to refute thermogenesis. All of the sources I provided agree that it happens and coincidentally they're in pretty close agreement as to what extent it occurs.

The only variable I'm discussing right now is that frequency isn't a factor in net thermogenic effect. That's it.

Net thermogenic effects differ for everyone and the only paper you references that used statistical analysis was done with a group of similar people. Needs to be more fluid. They don't take into account shift work etc. Homoeostasis is a dynamic process, your body is a dynamic, complex phenomenon. Thermogenesis is just 1 tool in your arsenal and tbh not a very important one. Grazing has many more benefits including endocrine advantages, just as IF can aid neuronal resistance. Meal frequency is very important.

Studies? I'm sure Martin and Alan would like to have a stab at it.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with a slimfast shake. Works for me because i don't have time to get up in the mornings and be cooking and eating breakfast before leaving for work. And when i want to lose weight, i will have another shake for dinner. But i don't do that too many days in a row. To make my shakes more filling and satisfying, i add frozen fruit and ptotein whey powder in them.