Ran my first 5k!

Options

Replies

• kellibecker
    Options
    Congrats, what a great accomplishment and an amazing feeling to cross the finish line! I ran my first 5k 9months ago and never thought I'd see myslef as a runner, well I'm totally hooked now and running halfs. Have you got your next race lined up yet?
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an accomplishment! I can't wait to run one again (used to in the past before gaining lots of weight).
  • inspiredbygrace
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Good for you. I just made that goal myself two days ago. So I will be posting in a couple of months or earlier! Would you mind telling me how long it took you? I am trying so hard to not pressure myself but I want to set a goal!!!

I was REALLY slow lol! I actually probably ran half and walked half, but I finished in 45:44. I still have a long way to go before I run the whole thing...it was more of a whim that I signed up for this one, esp cause its a fairly big race and just seemed like a fun one to run. Not going to lie the medal was the best part lol!

@Kelli Yup...I'm planning on running one on my vacation in florida over easter weekend. There's both a 2 and 4 miler on the beach...I just have to decide which I want to do. Part of me wants to do the 4 miler just to see if I can do it...but I'd sort of like to try to run the majority of the 2 mile one. So I'm a bit torn. I know I can run/walk 4 miles but I'm debating if I should try to run the whole thing @ 2 miles or push the distance a bit @ 4. Then there's one in the beginning of may that I'd like tot ry to run the whole thing (it's a 5k)...and well, not going to lie I've seen a tonnnn of races I want to do!
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I've signed up for a 5k on 4th April and I'm really apprehensive! I can just see everyone whizzing along and me wheezing along about 2k behind them! I'm doing c25k as well and have just finished wk4, can't believe how far I've come (even tho my jog section is really slow). Not looking forward to this week as the jump in wk5 seems huge, but I'm sure they know what they're doing!

Well done for getting your first race down so early in the program, that is a really positive approach! You will be so able for that beach race in Florida :)
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Great job!!! I've signed up for a 5k on 4th April and I'm really apprehensive! I can just see everyone whizzing along and me wheezing along about 2k behind them! I'm doing c25k as well and have just finished wk4, can't believe how far I've come (even tho my jog section is really slow). Not looking forward to this week as the jump in wk5 seems huge, but I'm sure they know what they're doing!

Well done for getting your first race down so early in the program, that is a really positive approach! You will be so able for that beach race in Florida :)

Thank you! I know what you mean about the everyone whizzing by you...I definitely had a LOT of those moments over the 3 miles. To top it off only the first 7,000 finishers got the pretty medal (seriously my biggest motivation lol!), and I ended up 6800ish...Definitely too close for comfort medal wise lol! I kept seeing all these people passing and thinking...yep there goes my medal... I'm definitely a bit scared for the 5 min runs...but I'll do like I've been doing for them so far...jsut breaking them into smaller sections I already know I can do (Like the 3 min run I broke into two 90 sec ones..and I already could do that!) It was definitely great to just finish, but I look forward to actually being able to run the entire thing.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! that's a huge accomplishment :)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME. I'm really proud of you. I hope to be able to walk/run a 5K sometime later this spring or summer....and eventually I would LOVE to be able to run the whole thing. Baby steps, though! I am on week 4 of couch 2 5K so I am extremely excited for you!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
  • Tiffany789
    Tiffany789 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting!!! You should be proud! I started with C25k last summer, and will run my first marathon on the 31st of this month. I can honestly say that c25k changed my life.

Congrats on your running--- Keep it up!!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    That is so exciting!!! You should be proud! I started with C25k last summer, and will run my first marathon on the 31st of this month. I can honestly say that c25k changed my life.

Congrats on your running--- Keep it up!!

That's so awesome! My semi long term goal is to run the disney princess half marathon next feb...i'm hoping to drop a bunch of weight before then though lol
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Fantastic! I am on week 6 of Counch to 5K and I am not brave enough to actually do a 5K yet. Well done! Very inspiring.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great feeling isn't it! You did awesome :bigsmile:
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I completed my first one on week one last night. My god my shin splints hurt. Only 9 weeks to go :)
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awsome, good job :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me! I am 42 and the joke I always used was im not running unless someone is chasing my butt! Anyway, 3 weeks ago the local high school had a 1 mile fun run. I did it, I never stopped, I did it in 12 min, which I think is good considering I have never ran b4! It was the greatest feeling. Now I run about 5 miles a week and im doing my first 5k on April 21st!
  • adairt1
    adairt1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats! I remember my first. Just be sure to not make it your last! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!