30 Years young from the UK

Options
Hi All,

I am James 30 years young from the UK in the past 2 and half years I have put on some right timber due to a new job and becoming lazy and I have had enough of it!!!!!

In the past month or so I have been exercising and dieting again then I found this app which is awesome been using it for about 3 days now.........my weight when I started was 210 lb lost 6 already running and cycling. I am hoping with keeping track of the calories that I keep loosing.

I used an app called quit now to stop smoking and that has worked wonders not smoked for 61 days now yippeee. Along with will power and looking at other peoples success on a daily basis really did spur me on to do it I am hoping this app will do the same.............so please feel free to add me

Cheers

Replies

• Trixxstar
    Trixxstar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi James

Welcome to the start of our journey! :smile:
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Helloooooooooooo! I'll add you :) I'm Emma, 33 also from UK. Honestly, this is the best site/ app you'll ever use. Make the most of the support on here, be honest all the time and log as often as you can (every day ideally) and I promise...this WILL change your life. Happy shredding :) x
  • StirlingJames
    StirlingJames Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi James,

Are you an LUFC fan? MOT!

Good luck with the weight loss!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I just turned 31 and 2 months ago decided enough was enough and found this site.. its great!

I too have recently stopped smoking..

30s is def a wake up call to get healthy!

:)

Good luck!
  • rayvon1982
    Options

You from Leeds James
  • jameskane
    jameskane Posts: 35
    Options
    hey james I am james too!

i am from winnipeg manitoba canada pushing 40 (39 in a couple of days) and started at just over 300. I too have a little one (girl age 4) i think it is great that you are doing this. have faith that changes may be small at times but changes are changes. also keep in mind (i learned this part in a workshop) that exercise is not the answer to weightloss that people think. calorie restriction is a far better tool to lose weight. HOWEVER exercise is important in losing the right weight. with out exercise the body is more apt to lose muscle over fat so you need to exercise to let the body know that you need the muscle and to lose the fat. just don't rely on exercise to lose weight. congrats on quitting smoking as a former smoker i know that isn't easy either. and i like the tern "put on some right timber" i think i will start using that.

feel free to add me as a friend. i have found that lately it is getting harder and harder to fill this out every day...ok it isn't getting harder i just got lazy...and it would be good for both sides to have a "cheering squad".
  • mercikaleb
    Options
    welcome
  • kei_llew
    kei_llew Posts: 29
    Options
    This place is great mate.. so much support and help.. a lot of my eating was boredom so when i feel bored i either come on here and browse or go out on the pushbike :)
  • clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hey man...

Sounds like you don't need support just some more time to put it all together... this site keeps you honest as long as you are...

I excersized my *kitten* off but without watching what I eat it does not work.

Good on the no smoking too....

Mark
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi James
    I am from the UK and have just joined and have 29 pounds to lose, I managed to lose it 2 years ago and had a great holiday in Oregon, but sadly since my return I piled it all back on, I have only myself to blame but with some support I am hoping to be back on track again
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    Hello James,

I just joined less than 3 weeks ago. I started working out when I turned 30 also but didn't lose weight. So I joined MFP and so far, the cardio, weight lifting and diet combo just made the weight melt off. The accountability and sense of community is what I love about MFP.

Good luck!
  • rayvon1982
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds and support keep it up every one
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi James,

Hope things go well for you,

Been using this app for about 3 months now and it has opened my eyes to what I would be grazing on in the evenings, its those little biscuits which helped me balloon to nearly 17 stone, surprising they can be as much as a full meal without realizing it.. loosing the weight has made me feel better.

Keep it going and you will be ok.
  • longhop
    longhop Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi James,

I'm 29, i started out at 210llbs and im now down to 192llbs using a combination of running and healthy eating.

feel free to add me.

Liam
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Hey James, Pink here Welcome to MFP - You will have a rollercoaster of a ride - but you will get great results and loads of new friends :) Ive sent a request :) xxx
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi James. I'm also 30 and from the UK. Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me if you would like some support :smile: