Need some encouragement and support

Options
Hi Friends,

About a month ago, I was in a car accident that left me with a concussion. I was making significant gains in my weight loss with proper diet and exercise up until the accident.

Due to my injury, I haven't been able to work out like I was. I was a Bikram Yoga and Zumba addict. Loved to take long walks with my dogs. Now, I'm lucky if I can get through the work day (in theory I should still be at home but I need the money and owe it to my students). I'm so exhausted by the time I get home, I literally have to nap for at least an hour. My headaches are so excruciating that they make me dizzy/nauseous. (Please know that I'm under a care of a few physicians too and they've recommend that I give it more time before I start exercising)

I'm just so frustrated. :-( Thanks for listening. I just needed to let it out.

Replies

• rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You MUST give it time. Thank God you are alive and WILL recover in time. This is just a bump in the road. Take the time needed. We are all here to help you. Although you may not be actively exercising and your diet may even be a little off, stay connected on site and read and get encouragement from all of us.......read and write for now, excercise and proper diet is sure to follow soon. God Bless you. Take care!!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Have compassion for yourself! Take the time your body needs to heal before jumping back into strenuous activities. You might be eager to get back to your previous routine, but your body needs other types of care from you for now, like rest and gentle exercise. Continue to eat healthy, nourishing foods, and listen to your doctors!
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ........and I see you are from Chicago. go Blackhawks!! Love that you teach the deaf. You do good works!!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It is possible to continue losing weight by just eating a reduced calorie intake, though it might be slower. Don't get frustrated...as you can't really control what happened. Just take the time necessary and heal up.
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My heart aches for you! I'm so sorry this has been so difficult for you, but I agree with other posters in taking it slow. I know that's not always something we want to hear when we're used to working out and feeling great because of it, but it really is what your body needs. If you push too hard now you might actually be forcing your body into a longer recovery period. Give yourself a break with the exercise (and take all necessary naps!), but stay active here and do what you can to eat well and stay healthy...we really, really love having you!
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you guys are all so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. I guess what you've said, is what I know deep in my heart, but refuse to accept as my own.

Thank you again.

xoxo