Ran my first 5k!

Options

Replies

• lally100
    lally100 Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats! I'm just about to set out the door to start C25K week 1! I'm so happy i saw this post because i was actually dreading it but seeing somebody else achieve one of their goals through the plan has motivated me! Well done! You're awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!!

Here's my opinion on the 2 miles vs 4 miles on the beach.

If you choose the 4 miles, you won't be saying, "Coulda, woulda, shoulda," on your way home. It's by the beach! Go for it! I honestly don't think you'll regret your decision.

Best of luck. And, welcome to The Club!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I was just telling my roommate that running, even though it's incredibly tiring, is my biggest confidence-booster. Even if I can't lose five pounds, or can't get a promotion, or can't get an A in my grad class, I can run 5 miles, and that's something to be proud of.

Keep on running, girly!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I finished c25k last November and have raced in five 5Ks already. I can't believe how much I love to run and being able to compete is just icing on the cake. Enjoy!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!!

If you choose the 4 miles, you won't be saying, "Coulda, woulda, shoulda," on your way home. It's by the beach! Go for it! I honestly don't think you'll regret your decision.

That's kind of part of what I was thinking w/ the 4 miler....Plus I'll have like a week or so to "train" on the beach. My only reservation is that it took me quite a whle to finish the 5k (45 mins) because I walked a large part of it...I'm just worried the 4mi will be alll runners not runners and walkers and I'll be dead last lol! I can't get over that fear at the moment. I definitely think I'd like to give it a shot, but I was pretty gassed out at the end of the 3 miles on sunday, so I dont know if that bodes well for trying a 4 miler lol.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    You sound just like me! I am 42 and the joke I always used was im not running unless someone is chasing my butt! Anyway, 3 weeks ago the local high school had a 1 mile fun run. I did it, I never stopped, I did it in 12 min, which I think is good considering I have never ran b4! It was the greatest feeling. Now I run about 5 miles a week and im doing my first 5k on April 21st!

lol I'm totally the same way. When I told my dad I wanted to do a 5k he actually laughed in my face and said, "yeah, lets see that, we all know youre not a runner" And despite the fact that I walked a lot of it on sunday it felt good shoving the medal i got in his face lol
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!!

That's kind of part of what I was thinking w/ the 4 miler....Plus I'll have like a week or so to "train" on the beach. My only reservation is that it took me quite a whle to finish the 5k (45 mins) because I walked a large part of it...I'm just worried the 4mi will be alll runners not runners and walkers and I'll be dead last lol! I can't get over that fear at the moment. I definitely think I'd like to give it a shot, but I was pretty gassed out at the end of the 3 miles on sunday, so I dont know if that bodes well for trying a 4 miler lol.

You won't be last. But, if you're worried, Google last year's results and look at the times. That will give you an indication of what you'll be up against. Suffice it to say, many will just walk it. Again ... you'll be fine.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    lol that was probably a bad idea...cause I wold definitely be near the end lol! But I think I probably will do the 4 miler
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    HUGE accomplishment! congratulations :)
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    Congrats, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Congrats, you should be very proud of yourself.

I am mostly, but I'm such a competitive person and so hard on myself I really wish I had ran it all...but most of me knows it was my first one and I still was really early in c25k and not to be too hard on myself...but I'll just use that twinge of disappointment to motivate me in future races!
  • Deelovelyone
    Options
    Congrats to you...way to....be proud cause your body is saying thank you....
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did awesome by committing to the run and following through!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did awesome by committing to the run and following through!

Not going to lie, I totally had a panic attack the day of and almost didnt. I was getting sick (spent the last two days in bed with a massively sore throat..which honestly was probably made worse by running lol!) and almost stayed home...but I'm definitley proud that I just did it
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    GREAT job Courtney!!! We are so proud of you!!!
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    GREAT job Courtney!!! We are so proud of you!!!

Thank you all!
  • orchidsand
    Options
    Great!!! I admire people who are able to run.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started the Couch to 5K training program today. I set myself the goal of running in the Komen for the Cure breast cancer charity 5K coming up in October and so hopefully will be fit enough to do it by then. Seeing so many people doing it from thinking they would never be able to is so encouraging. So many many congratulations to you - that's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!