Oh the horror!

Options

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Grave Encounters! Freaking movie scared the daylights out of me. I didn't sleep for days.

That and Paranormal Activity. I can't even bring myself to watch the 3rd installment yet lol
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Children of the Corn

I watched the first five minutes of the original Children of the Corn when I was in high school and it scared me so bad I had nighmares for weeks- I've never actually seen the whole movie, and everyone tells me it is totally corny, but I can't make myself watch it (it's been 21 years, by the way- I'm such a wuss). But I love other horror movies- for some reason, this one just got to me!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Watership Down. Scariest film ever made. This is a true fact.
  • abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Child's Play... that Chucky doll scared the mess outta me!!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Insidious was pretty creepy.

JM
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    When I was little I loved the Nightmare on Elm Street movies (still do) they scared the crap out of me but I loved every minute of it...especially the scene in the hospital where the kid acts like a puppet and walks off the edge of the building,I would not sleep without the covers over my head in forever lol
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't watch horror movies! Scarest movie I have seen in my adult life is The Women in Black. I drew blood on my hubands hand from digging my nail when I was scared :)

The only movie that has actually given me nightmares (and oddly still does) is Tremors! I watched it home sick when I was little adn since then I have had the same nightmare about them!

Yep...pretty lame movie watcher here!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Reservoir Dogs. It wasn't really a horror movie but full of torture. I can't watch it.
  • sld_6001
    sld_6001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Most definitely The Hills Have Eyes! I could not get past the rape scene, I actually had to turn the movie off and watch a chick-flick (romantic comedy) before I went to bed so I wouldn't be thinking about it all night. I don't think I was exactly scared, but more like seriously disturbed! Because mostly the 'scary/horror' movies they are just so cheesy that they are funny. But this one freaked me right now. Not cool!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It was health class... 9th grade.... that 70s birth video **shudder**

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this video still haunts me
  • HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The RIng :frown:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The first (and original) Nightmare On Elm Street
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    For some reason, movies that could ACTUALLY be true don't scare me (i.e. Halloween/slasher movies), but the ridiculous, irrational ones do (Signs/The Grudge, etc.).
    I'm the opposite. If it could plausibly happen, oh hell no. Movies like Hostel or Silence of the Lambs. But paranormal or alien movies, not so much.

However, I get more and more scaredy cat as I age. 10 years ago, scary movies hardly phased me. Now, I'm peeking through fingers or having my husband tell me when it's safe to look.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Dolly Dearest... which is one of my favorite movies now but watching at 13 in my friends basement with her moms china dolls surrounding us it was creepy..
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    As a kid it was Return of the Living Dead. I love it now, it's cheesy and funny and has a great punk rock soundtrack. But I still clearly remember how scared I was the first time I saw it.

I want my two dollars. HAHHAHAHAHA Great and funny movie
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    JAWS... da dum da dum da dum da dum dadumdadumDADUMDADUM!!!!!

Ha! I almost forgot... I was afraid to go swimming in my pool after watching Jaws. For some reason my child's mind thought Jaws could come up through the pool drain and eat me!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's older, but The Hand That Rocks The Cradle totally freaked me out. There's nothing worse then things that can happen in real life, and everyone know there's squirrels like that every where.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My mom made me watch The Bad Seed when I was little and that scared me pretty bad. I also watched the original Night of the Living Dead when I was about 10 and that scared the CRAP out of me. Now I get scared with just about any movie that has scary music. I LOVE scary movies though!

My mom made us watch The Bad Seed too- I wonder if they were trying to send us some sort of message????

Rumor has it that the actress who played the little girl never got work again because she was sooooo good in that role, people were afraid of her!
  • elysianashes
    Options
    The Others. I like to watch movies knowing almost nothing about them, so I had no idea what to expect. I made the mistake of deciding to watch it alone late at night while my (ex-)husband was at work. Not only that, but we had surround sound, so when there was someone running across the ceiling in one scene, I actually thought someone was in our attic. I freaked out and threw a blanket over my head (like that's going to stop an intruder) and sat there with my hands over my ears for about 10 minutes before finally running over and shutting it off. Yes, I was like 22, shut up :P
  • tlath70
    tlath70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess I am telling my age, but when I was a kid I watched The Omen and I was terrified that I would go into convulsions the next time my mom took me to mass!

Also Carrie, I couldn't get into bed without jumping from 3 feet away for a verrrry loong time. And if I woke up with my arm or foot hanging over the bed I would go into a panic thinking she was going to drag me down into the grave!